who's going camping on the long weekend??

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Postby CCC » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:05 pm

Central Coast Campers wrote:Not going anywhere this long weekend ... still no 4X4 :?

Apparently my son and his mates were setting up the tent in the backyard :shock: but the weather don't look so good :lol:

Allllrighty. :shock: I was sure right about not going ANYWHERE. We still camped though. As most of you are aware the Central Coast / Hunter areas had big problems, still are due to flooding.

We got our power back after 70 hours of nothing. Not too much damage here, only my fence blew down and branches everywhere but nothing compared to some around here. The bottom of the street was flooded 1.5 metres due to Tuggerah Lakes swelling.
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Scolers » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:42 pm

Glad to see you guys are ok ... just as well you didn't go camping!

:?

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby JM1375 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:09 am

Central Coast Campers wrote:
Central Coast Campers wrote:Not going anywhere this long weekend ... still no 4X4 :?

Apparently my son and his mates were setting up the tent in the backyard :shock: but the weather don't look so good :lol:

Allllrighty. :shock: I was sure right about not going ANYWHERE. We still camped though. As most of you are aware the Central Coast / Hunter areas had big problems, still are due to flooding.

We got our power back after 70 hours of nothing. Not too much damage here, only my fence blew down and branches everywhere but nothing compared to some around here. The bottom of the street was flooded 1.5 metres due to Tuggerah Lakes swelling.

Glad to hear that you are alright - the weather was wild to say the least. I got back home last night after our weekend's camping and couldn't believe the footage on TV!! :shock:
JM1375
Captain Camping

Previous

Return to Camping Tips and Locations