Where Did You Go - June Long Weekend

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Where Did You Go - June Long Weekend

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:36 pm

Camping was out for me due to timing but here are a couple of pics I took at Mount Hotham in the Victorian Alps.

Skiers were out in force.

Zero degrees out but 25 degrees in the car :grin: and a snow storm just as I arrived. ::() Road was clear and no need for chains although you are required to have them onboard. The little Suzuki took it all in it's stride.

Derek

Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby jasonb » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:37 pm

looks good mate ,i went cod fishing up near warrahbah national park ,we caught 2 fish ,one went back as it was too small and it was freezing cold like it was blowing off snow ,we did get snow at nundle and wallabadah which is about and hour from here ,it did sleet a little but we had a raging fire and a few beers so it didnt feel that bad
are we there yet ?
jasonb
Captain Camping

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:41 pm

Caught my first trout at Sheba Dam up above Nundle years ago when I was a kid. Weighed 4 pounds, I rRemember it as a great place.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby jasonb » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:06 pm

its a beautiful place we take the kids up there every summer ,and down to bowling alley point to do some gold panning
are we there yet ?
jasonb
Captain Camping

Postby jfamily » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:46 am

Just posted on another forum - camping near rivers.... Derek, I cooked the BEST roast, I checked your website before I left, and the guys at work were laughing at me writing down the number of heat beads etc... but it worked a treat (despite me actually FORGETTING to buy heat beads, so we did it the old fashioned way with a lot of guess work..) Fantastic!! We had a great time, but it was really busy... I will be researching somewhere similar - 'bushy' and with a river/beach closer to Melb... maybe hopefully not as busy! But all the other campers were well behaved, the usual swearing and other people's music... but that's half the fun! They had to put up with us playing charades so it all evens out!!
jfamily

Postby JM1375 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:14 am

We went to Maroochydore (Sunshine Coast) for the weekend. The days were great, but it really did get too cold at night for me to enjoy it as much as I did the last trip. We really didn't pack enough blankets!!!

And, it was way too short a trip.... only the two nights away. Still, hot chocolate and a good book next to the gas lamp in the screen house in the evening - it's the most relaxed I get....
JM1375
Captain Camping

Postby clackerz » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:48 pm

Stayed at home and (tried :--? ) to catch up on my ever growing list of jobs around the house :(

Managed to get down a few :beer over the w/end at least!

The snow looks a goer tho! Might head up this w/end and take the kids on their first snow adventure!.....
There's water at the bottom of the ocean!
clackerz
Captain Camping

Postby Kramer » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:49 pm

I had a great weekend, Saturday night was a wedding, then Sunday was the worlds greatest pub crawl in Maryborough only 10 pubs participated this year so it was a little packed but at least we beat the Poms by 400 entrants (over 2700 handed in their cards) :armsup so I am in the Guiness World Records again :grin:
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Return to Camping Tips and Locations