Armstrong Creek farm campground

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Armstrong Creek farm campground

Postby The Harveys » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:33 pm

Hi, we are new to this site and camping for that matter and we have gained so much from browsing through the forums. Hoping someone can tell us about this place we stumbled across. It's at Dayboro Nth of Brissy and is a working farm. Has anyone been there? It sounds great, but we'd love to hear from those who have first hand experience.

The Harveys.
The Harveys

Postby Troyk » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:14 pm

Welcome the Harveys.

I haven't come across the place, but thats nothing unusual as these types of places are popping up like wildflowers at the moment. Though from the webpage I found it looks good.

http://www.aroundoz.com/a_campsite_archive/armstrong_creek.htm

What we usually do is go for a day trip to check it out (nothing worse than a bad spot to put you off). You could also check out Neurum Creek a bit further to the north at the same time.

http://www.ncbr.com.au/

Another place in that general area is Peach Trees (north of Kilcoy). Has showers, firewood etc. Stop at Kilcoy for Lunch. The bakery is not bad, and there is a nice spot at Yowie Park heading west out of town.

Anyhow tell us how you go. :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Peach Trees

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:41 pm

Another place in that general area is Peach Trees (north of Kilcoy). Has showers, firewood etc. Stop at Kilcoy for Lunch. The bakery is not bad, and there is a nice spot at Yowie Park heading west out of town.

Latest information from Jimna is that firewood is no longer available at Peach Trees. http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/projects/park ... parkid=120

Derek

Edit: In fact you can only bring in clean-milled firewood, Thats sawn timber with no bark. This is starting to become common right across Queensland State and National Parks.
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Troyk » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:35 pm

Bummer! :x

At least the fire tower seems to have a got a reprieve.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:37 pm

Actually Skip posted here somewhere recently where the tower is permanently closed.

I remember it well ........ 241 steps. ::()

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Troyk » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:42 pm

The state closed it about 18 months ago citing poor condition. They were going to demolish it but the locals campaigned to keep it and a couple of weeks ago the state said they would hand it over to Kilcoy Shire Council. I believe the Council is trying to get funding from the state to refurbish it. No word when it may reopen.

Troyk

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:45 pm

I wouldnt be surprised if litigation insurance keeps it closed. Hope not but will wait and see.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Troyk » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:31 pm

Has anyone been to this place? It west of North Pine Dam up near Dayboro way.

One webiste says it may have closed. Anyone know?

I don't know what happended to the Harveys though.

Troyk

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:16 pm

Troyk wrote:Has anyone been to this place? It west of North Pine Dam up near Dayboro way.

One webiste says it may have closed. Anyone know?

I don't know what happended to the Harveys though.

It is my understanding that Armstrong Creek has been closed for quite some time. The info contained on Chrissy Eustace's (??spelling) site is quite a bit out of date if that it where the original info came from.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Camping Tips and Locations