Munmorah State Recreation Park

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Postby Blue Bravo » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:07 pm

Looks like you got some happy campers now.
This will make future getaways easier as you learn from the whoopsies :)
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Re: Our family camping trip to the Freemans campsite

Postby cokebottle » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:06 am

thenewme wrote:I looking at the campsite you camped on thinking it had to be one of the best site because of the shade from the tree, even if it was limited.

There is a couple of other sites there that do have trees as well, but there was a disadvantage in being right under it......

We got woke up at almost exactly 4:27am both mornings by a currawong doing his morning call's, don't get me wrong, it is fantastic to wake up to the sound of "distant" bird calls, but when they are 6ft from your head ::()

I got out & shone a torch up at him, he stopped, but then when I turned the torch off he started again :lol: :lol: :lol:

There was a comment somewhere on here about it being a "sardine campground" well yes it was very tight, the guy next to us had a 12 person tent which filled up the whole site, but he had everything including a tv, he was watching the Bathurst race all day on Sunday :shock:

Personally, when I go away it is to get away from TV etc & get back to nature :lol: :lol:

Yes we did learn a lot, it is my first time on a family camp trip, when I was young & single I used to just go & grab a few tins of beans & instant noodles & I was off.

We have banned beetroot! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby CCC » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:08 pm

yep :-bang the beetroot lol

glad you all had fun and the weather was good for most of it.

camping to me is getting away for all that stuff too and definately having a bit of room and privacy.

How did all the equipment go?
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby cokebottle » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:49 am

Central Coast Campers wrote:How did all the equipment go?

No probs with my "budget" setup, managed to cook some great meals on the two burner gas stove, had bacon & eggs for breakie & even sausages too on Sunday morning.

Saturday night we had a feast of Kangaroo kebabs, pasta with beans, peas, potatoes & carrots.

My fiancee suffers from celiac disease, so I had to make sure everything was gluten free, all worked out fine, even cooked our own gluten free bread beforehand to take with us. 8)

Yum yum :?#

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Previous

Return to Camping Tips and Locations