Innamincka

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Innamincka

Postby Troyk » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:36 pm

Mr Bravo,

I hear you are going to Innamincka in September?

Anyone else been?

Looking to take the family go out there possibly next year, go down the Strezelecki Track and perhaps the Flinders Ranges. Just finished a book on the burke and wills expedition and keen to look at some of the key sites like the dig tree.

I would be keen hear the state of the road (we haven't really done much off the black driving) and perhaps what the camping facilities are like.

Anyhow have a good trip. :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Blue Bravo » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:14 pm

Hey Troyk
Yep where off in September and heading to the Corner Country.
I have had a yearning to go that way for many years and necer quite got the opportunity. I also am pining to see the Dig tree and to camp on Copper Creek.
Will post a trip report when I get back and let you know my thoughts

Thanks for the good wishes

:)
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby thepilot » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:41 pm

Hi Mr Bravo and Troyk

I have just come back from that part of the Country , I am not sure about dig tree but at Innamincka you can camp at the Town Common that is $5 per night per car that is on the Cooper River any other place you need a Desert parks pass . The Strezelecki Track was not bad and the road from Camron Corner via Merty Merty was Great the best dirt road I have ever been on .. The Cordillo Downs rd was very average but if you drive to the conditions you should have no trouble ..

Dave
thepilot

Postby Blue Bravo » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:05 pm

Thanks for thr info Dave :)
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Bushy » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:12 am

Gday Troyk
You can camp at the " Dig Tree" and it does not come under the Desert Parks Pass ( or it didn't last year ) The ranger there is ( or was ) Bomber Johnson .
Camp fees apply . Last year Nappa Merrie Station was under lease to Stanbroke Pastoral Company but I think Sid Kidman and Co now have the lease so changes may happen . Heading there in Sept / Oct . Road conditions change quickly on the stony road sections ( according to rain and graders ) but the old Strezelecki track I have found is always pretty good ( follows Strezelecki Creek so is black soil / sandy )
Have a good trip
Bushy
Some dream and say why ? Others dream and say why not ?
Bushy
Boy Scout

Return to Camping Tips and Locations