camping food?

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:31 pm

Central Coast Campers wrote:
Ozzycamperboy wrote:Brekky - Eggs and burnt bacon on burnt bread - with beer to wash it down
Lunch - Burnt snags - with beer to wash it down
Dinner - Burnt steak - with beer to wash it down

:shock: ::() :shock: you have what for breakfast :?: :?: :?:

burnt bread ? LMAO why arent the eggs burnt ?

Cause burnt eggs are yucky :lol:
and Burnt bread = toast :mrgreen:

Fonty probly hates me, my diet is like 70% meat :shock: , but I'm trying to cut back (hard since I work at an abattoir) That, and I can't really cook, and frying meat on a hotplate is the easiest thing to do :lol:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby CCC » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:00 pm

Ozzycamperboy wrote:
Ozzycamperboy wrote:Brekky - Eggs and burnt bacon on burnt bread - with beer to wash it down
Lunch - Burnt snags - with beer to wash it down
Dinner - Burnt steak - with beer to wash it down

:shock: ::() :shock: you have what for breakfast :?: :?: :?:

burnt bread ? LMAO why arent the eggs burnt ?

Cause burnt eggs are yucky :lol:
and Burnt bread = toast :mrgreen:

ya really have beer with your brekky ? lol :beer
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Fonty » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:03 pm

lol I like all animals including humans ozzie. :armsup

Maybe you just need a microwave, time your cooking right and not much is likely to burn that way- it's also supposed to be a lot more environmentally conscious. 8) Don't know how you'd get one in your swag though. :?#
Image Truth is often painful, but ignorance is never bliss.
Fonty
Camping Veteran

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:00 pm

ya really have beer with your brekky ? lol :beer

Only when camping, and even then not all the time :mrgreen:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Komodo » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:22 pm

beer with a splash of vodka for breakfast rocks (i love having a missus that will drive so i can drink! - mind you its the only time i let her drive!)
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Jason01 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:47 pm

Hi all, just got my username and thought I'd chip in,
It confuses me that people go to some of the most spectacular locations and then eat baked beans for lunch and snags every night, not that there's anything wrong with that, each to there own, but my theory is, if you can cook something at home, with a bit of creativity, you can cook it in the bush. Lets face it what do you have plenty of when camping? Time
We cook roasts and now that I've just finished building my campfire rotisserie we will be spit roasting too. We also bake cakes, usually after a roast because the oven is still hot and it bakes as we eat dinner. We tried those packet cakes but nothings better than cake made from scratch. You dont have to bake damper, unless thats your thing, why not a bake a loaf of bread instead. If you fish and lucky enough to catch one, the ways to cook them are endless, and crayfish or even yabbies are a great side dish, the kids love catching yabbies and cooking them. And if this is all to much for you, a nice piece of T bone with vegies and roast potatos. You can cook the can vegies and roast some potatos in foil in the coals. Be ambitious, you wont know if it works unless you try.

Jason
Always remember that your not the last person to visit, be a responsible camper to insure future generations get to see.
Jason01

Postby Kramer » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:19 pm

That is true Jason, after my last trip (3 weeks) we did a lot of prep at home and ate like kings, lamb shanks, roasts, marinated steaks, pasta, chicken schnitzel, ham and cheese chicken the key is your camp oven can be used exactly like your oven at home.
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Troyk » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:25 pm

If you want a quick meal, vacuum pack it and then all you have do is heating it when you arrive (heat it in boiling water).

With a camp oven you can do anything you would cook in an oven at home. I think it the fun of camping whipping something up that someone has told you you can't do camping.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Previous

Return to Camping Tips and Locations