Tourist Park Within 4hrs Sydney

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Tourist Park Within 4hrs Sydney

Postby simmo1 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:23 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good tourist park within 4 hrs on the north coast from sydney. We want it right on the water and must be able to have a camp fire there. Also must be a great spot for kids.
Thanks in advance.
Simmo
simmo1

Postby garbage » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:58 pm

That's a tough ask!

If you're willing to go a bit further up, there's a couple at South West Rocks which is 6 hours from Sydney.

There's the Horseshoe Bay Caravan Park (right on the beach, but no fires). I've included a photo of the view from one of the sites from when we were there in April:

http://han.chung.name/photos/HorseshoeBay.jpg

And there's one near Trial Bay Gaol (right on the beach, camp fires allowed) of which the name escapes me. Here's a photo of the beach that it's on:

http://han.chung.name/photos/TrialBayGaol.jpg

If you want to go south and don't mind venturing into a National Park, I'd highly recommend Green Patch in Jervis Bay - right on the beach and they allow wood fires.

You mentioned kids, so all the beaches I've mentioned are sheltered swimming beaches.
garbage
Camping Veteran

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:21 pm

What do you classify as on the water? Lake/River/Beach/any? Mungo brush has a caravan park on a river. And NP camp grounds on both lake front and Beach front.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Return to Camping Tips and Locations