Tocumwal and Griffith

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Tocumwal and Griffith

Postby bluebird » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:36 pm

We're heading up towards Griffith next week, maybe stay around Tocumwal a couple of nights. :armsup :armsup
Anyone been there and do you know of any good campsites around those areas? Any info will be much appreciated.
bluebird

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:31 pm

If your up for a bit of a drive, head here viewtopic.php?t=586 . It's about 45mins - 1hr from Griffith.

I'd say come to Leeton, about 1/2hr and where I live.... but there's really not much here :lol: . Well, actually there probably is, I just haven't had time to go exploring yet. There's some nice spots along the Murrimbidgee but its fairly low, and pretty brown. Good fishing in parts though I'm told.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby bluebird » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:43 pm

thank you so much for your reply, will check out this site.
bluebird

probably too late but here goes anyway

Postby aggysaunt » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:57 pm

Hi,

I am probably too late to get an answer in for this, but here goes anyway.

There's soem good camping along the river at Tocumwal and the camping ground in town is OK too.

The restaurant in the old bank building is fabulous - posh looking but not too expensive and great food. The bakery, of course is a real treat, and you could go there for your three meals a day!!

You can camp in Griffith for free at Lake Wyangan for a maximum of three days. The facilities are basic, but you are a few kms out of town and out of the way and its quiet. The water level is up a bit and friends say they cought some fish last week.

Try http://www.griffithgateway.com for things to do around Griffith.

Hope you have a good time.
aggysaunt

Return to Camping Tips and Locations