Lake ainsworth

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Lake ainsworth

Postby Toylux90 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:11 pm

Hi Lads,

Has anyone been camping Lake Ainsworth?? Any tips on fishing spots etc..
Toylux90

Postby Derek Bullock » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:39 pm

Hi Toylux90 and welcome to the site.

As far as I remember Lake Ainsworth is freshwater even though it's right alongside the ocean. Have never camped there but all those places around Lennox Head to Ballina are great for camping. A beautiful part of Australia.

Cheers

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Toylux90 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:59 pm

Thanks Derek for the infomation I'll add a few pictures of the area when we get next weekend.

Cheers,

James
Toylux90

Postby mawilkinson » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:43 pm

Hi Mate

Camped there only a few months ago with friends. Not a bad place. didn't agree with the policy of caravan park about not allowing you to book a site. Unless you were booking it for weeks you were not guaranteed your site.

We enjoyed our time there but probably won't go back again.

There a few gutters to the north of the surf club that are good for fishing. The lake has fished released into it every year, but we never tried for anything. Great for kids though.
mawilkinson
Boy Scout

Postby Toylux90 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:02 pm

Hi Lads,

Sorry it's taken so long to write back but the camping trip was great on the 19-21/09, the camping area was great nice spot by the lake and stones throw to the beach, Lads your right about not being able to book a spot for a long weekend.

That saturday night we had a nice summer storm coming from the SEQ area I'd never seen so much run...hehehe which made for an intresting clean up the following morning.

Any Lads i would recommend camping area but atleast stay for a three days min.
Toylux90

Return to Camping Tips and Locations