Northern NSW

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Northern NSW

Postby Frilly » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:30 pm

Hey All!! With the warmer weather coming on I was wondering if anyone had any tips on camp sites in Northern NSW close to any waterways or the ocean (I'm in Brisbane... I'm sure there are plenty and I'd like some more personal advice than finding websites) I only have 2WD and very basic set up NOT needing electricity. I would like some toilet facilities however showers arent important. Hmm I think thats all... oh I would like to be able to have a camp fire but its not high on the list...
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby Al&Sharon » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:04 pm

Hi Frilly you may try this site for an idea lots here http://www.bigvolcano.com.au/database/camping.htm
try the clarence river widerness resort you can have a fire there and its a nice site toilets camp kitchen river pan for gold dont know if you ll get any though free pans at the office Clyde the horse will come to great your barby plate, canoes are free in the river a bit of a steep drive going in we went in a 4x4 but friends of ours went in a falcon and mitzi magna also Wooyung Motel & Caravan Park not far from potsville fire and toilets clean showers. Lavuka you can have a fire and a nice place for a mountain walk and see a 1500yr old fig tree it is a 4x4 camp site but lots go there with 2wd just to camp hope this helps. Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby Frilly » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:18 am

Thanks Alan!! Great site with loads of info... been to Wooyung! It was a blast! Beautiful spot! Thanks for the tip though... Lavuka sounds nice. Thanks again Alan! If anyone else has any ideas...
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby Barby-Q » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:12 am

Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby amanda » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:28 am

Flat Rock Tent Park at Ballina is a great spot. It's right on the beach about 5k's out of Ballina. It has toilets and hot showers, fires are permitted and wood is supplied. There is a small store at the office for the very basics like bread, milk, ice, gas refills etc.
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

THANKS!

Postby Frilly » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:29 am

Thanks Guys!! They are all great tips for me to get started with. I want you all to know I appreciate you taking the time to reply and sharing your love of places that you travel too.. THANKS!
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby mawilkinson » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:21 pm

Try Woody Head camping Area near iluka. love it!!
mawilkinson
Boy Scout

Return to Camping Tips and Locations