murray river

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

murray river

Postby magiver » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:27 pm

hi all,,new to here and wanting bit of advice,,we normaly set the camper up at tocumwal dureing the new year for 2 weeks,we have 2 dogs and now have a ski boat,as there is no water at toc now does anyone know of anywhere where the weather is warm (normally) and we have access to the water/on the water,,i believe above echuca there is water but i dont know of that area nor would i know where to go,,with the 2 kids and 2 dogs we would like if possible to get some beach type area to keep an eye on them,i suppose im clutching at straws as the river is prob camped out no matter where you go!!
magiver

Postby waltzingmatilda » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:41 pm

Good luck, very hard to find camping space, especially with sand, Cheers
Exciting new Aussie online community for friendship or meet your own 'Bloke' or 'Sheila"
http://www.blokesnsheilas.com.au
waltzingmatilda
Captain Camping

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:54 pm

Whereabouts are you exactly?
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby mystical_aussiegal » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:05 am

I have camped a few times on the murray, I love that river and the history behind it re the paddle steamers ect.. it was such an important mode of transportation in its day.

If you want to camp on the river, most of the banks are very steep and I cannot recommend anywhere not steep. Its part of the murray's character I guess.

The best thing to do, is to take a track along the river and find the best spot you can.
I absolutely love downunder and want to see all of it, especially the outback
mystical_aussiegal
Captain Camping

Return to Camping Tips and Locations