Somewhere near Sydney?

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Somewhere near Sydney?

Postby bettyfc » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:47 pm

Hi, we want to camp somewhere near Sydney but would like to be able to have a camp fire and would like to bring our dog. Does anyone know a good place to go? We would travel up to about 2 hours from Sydney but do not have a 4wd.
bettyfc

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:10 pm

Lithgow, Newnes State forest. 1.5 hrs drive down Bells Line of road.

Or Mt Wattagans (also a state forest) near Morriset, prolly similar traveling time.

viewtopic.php?t=255
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Bushy » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:33 am

If you want to stretch the 2hours to a bit more there is excellent camping on the Turon River right down to Sofala and below , Bridle Track along the Macquarie River , Hill End is a NPWS Historic Site but dogs are there in the village so are not banned as they are in a Nat Park , if you want access to private property PM me and I may be able to set you up with a piece of sceluded bush by the river that is pet friendly . :beer If you would like to add fishing swimming horse riding or gold fossicking that 2 is available . Cheers
Some dream and say why ? Others dream and say why not ?
Bushy
Boy Scout

Postby garbage » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:34 pm

Killalea State Park near Shellharbour should fit your bill - I'm not quite sure about the pets thing though, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do allow pets.
garbage
Camping Veteran

Return to Camping Tips and Locations