TENT CHOICE !!!

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

TENT CHOICE !!!

Postby SUNDOWNER » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:16 am

Hi Guys

Just joined the forum and have said G.Day to all in the introductions section.

Can anyone help with our choice of tent, there is only 2 of us and we like a lot of extra room and for this reason we have got our choice down to the Oztrail Sportiva Headland 12.

Could any members give me any advice good or bad on the above model or perhaps suggest an alternative taking into account that we like the larger tent with extra space to move about.

Best price that i have seen the Headland 12 has been at Downunder Camping Brisbane for $369, if any members know where to obtain one at a better figure or know where there is a good used one for sale then i would be glad to hear from you.

Safe Travels

Tony
SUNDOWNER
Boy Scout

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:10 pm

Hi there
Check out Anaconda because we have found that their prices are alot of the time cheaper than Down Under.
Good luck
It's all about Beer, Hubbie, Fishing, Camping, Kids & Boating.. Oh and Me
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby freerocketman1 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:06 pm

sundowner the only bad thing i found with the 12 man was it did take a while to set up when doing just a over nighter, but haveing the space was great even with 2 adults & 3 kids & 2 dogs & all the camping gear there was still heaps of room. :armsup
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby SUNDOWNER » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:33 pm

Thanx Guys, will check out Anaconda and whilst it would be great having the extra space of the Headland 12 i dont want the hassle of erecting it for a couple of nights.

I was looking at a Coleman Timbertop today, nice sized rear bedroom and decent sized front area, if you know this type of tent then i would welcome your views on it.

Cheers

Tony
SUNDOWNER
Boy Scout

Return to Camping Tips and Locations