GOT THE TENT - ADVICE ON PARKS IN QLD GOLD COAST !!!

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

GOT THE TENT - ADVICE ON PARKS IN QLD GOLD COAST !!!

Postby SUNDOWNER » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:55 pm

G,Day All

Further to my previous posts we have now bought the tent, we eventualy bought the Oztrail Headland 12 normal price was $379 but we got a 2007 model brand new from BCF for $300.

Now we need advice on some camp sites on the gold coast, tried to book Tallebudgerra from 24/12/07 - 01/01/08 but fully booked, is there any smaller sites in the surrounding area with electric hook ups that could accomodate this big tent plus a 4.5mtr runabout boat, i know most of the council run sites on the coast but do not know of any that could be a bit more inland that some of you guys may know about.

Would not mind any around Tamborine so long as it was within reasonable distance to launch the boat.

Any suggestions or web addresses would be most welcomed.

Safe Travels

Tony
SUNDOWNER
Boy Scout

Postby Troyk » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:19 pm

Tony, You will be struggling to get a spot on the gold coast for that time.

I don't know if Tamborine is near the water though.

Northern NSW might be a chance. Try http://www.tchp.com.au

There is the sunshine coast, again you might be struggling. :(
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Al&Sharon » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:42 am

HI Tony try Jacobs Well

http://www.gctp.com.au/jacobs/Default.htm

you have access to Morton bay it does get busy though at the boat ramp, the ramp is close by the campsite, power and large sites. Hope you catch the big 1, good Luck Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Return to Camping Tips and Locations