CAMPING/CARAVAN PARK BOOKS !!!

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

CAMPING/CARAVAN PARK BOOKS !!!

Postby SUNDOWNER » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:45 pm

G,Day

Can any members please advise on which is the best camping book to buy that shows camping sites in Australia in detail perhaps with photos of their pitch sites etc or that give a web address to go to to view the likes of the parks and pitches etc so that you get a better idea.

I have one which i got from the RACQ but it does not show you what the parks look like.

Thanks

Tony
SUNDOWNER
Boy Scout

Postby Troyk » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:35 pm

Tony,

Try Camping in Southern & Central Qld by Martin Bowerman (Guy from Creek to Coast) has quite a few photos, but good description.

Camps 3/4 has good listing and you can buy a companion book with site photos. Not alot of detail on each site though. More for travelling around australia.

If you focus is towards Caravan parks try the Q-Park guide. Most camp stores and caravan aprks usually have a copy.

Usually if you find a ground, just do a google and you will find a webpage somewhere with at times good info.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Kramer » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:27 pm

Yeah Camps 4 was our bible on our last trip, if you are looking to stay at caravan parks and have no idea about them try and stay at the BIG4's I am not affiliated with them and don't even have a membership with them which give you discounts but each one I have been to has always been really well run and very clean etc.
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Return to Camping Tips and Locations