Charlie Moreland camping area ?????

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Charlie Moreland camping area ?????

Postby skip » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:00 pm

hey i was wondering if anyones been to Charlie Moreland camping area and what they thought of it any infos wanted. Thanks
skip
Captain Camping

Postby Troyk » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:07 pm

Yep, thats where we are going at new years. One of our favourite spots.

EPA website
https://www.epa.qld.gov.au/parks/iaparks/gds/IAGDS030.do

Large, has a few trees, I think there are 4 toilet blocks, no showers, quite a good swimming hole. Can get muddy if it rains so keep out of what may look like drainage paths.

And you are allowed to have horses.

Here are some pics (taken New Years Day 2006)
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:29 pm

Many years ago it was one of our favourites. All I can say is it's getting busier.

Has a nice waterhole if there has been some rain.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby kazzakanary » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:27 pm

There are heaps of goannas though - I don't mind a couple but heaps - urgghhhh! AND the ones there were really quite cheeky coming up really close!
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby Troyk » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:31 pm

There are also a few dingoes which are cheeky as well!
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk

Postby kazzakanary » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:44 pm

Really????
I may never camp there then!!!
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby Troyk » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:13 pm

Come to think of it i haven't seen any for a couple of years now. :shock:

Troyk

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:46 am

Thanks Troy :+ another one on my list. Looks alright.
Cheers,
Chick
It's all about Beer, Hubbie, Fishing, Camping, Kids & Boating.. Oh and Me
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

used to go there every summer holidays

Postby mystical_aussiegal » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:56 pm

charlie Morelands is the best, as its hot in Qld in summer and you can get the flooding rains (well at least you did when I lived there 5 yrs ago)... we used to chill out at Charlie Morelands every year from New Years for 2 weeks.

the creek is excellent, it is family orientated and there are some good bushwalking tracks as well as 4 wd'ing and 2 wd'ing to do.

The cheese factory at Kenilworth is fabulous, you get to taste all different cheeses and yoghurts with an awesome unsual playground across the road for the kids.

The pub at Kenilworth used to have a great counter meal, its an old pub with one of those wide old Qlder type verandahs... I loved it.

I hope to camp there again one day....

Only prob is the goannas, they are not shy of humans and can be a nuisance, the funny thing is they are scared of the bush turkeys so encourage the bush turkeys around the camp
I absolutely love downunder and want to see all of it, especially the outback
mystical_aussiegal
Captain Camping

Postby Troyk » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:05 pm

If it was not raining guess where I would be right now! :x

Troyk

Postby mystical_aussiegal » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:20 pm

Troyk wrote:If it was not raining guess where I would be right now! :x

If I wasnt in Vic, guess where I would be right nowʔ (insert grin!!)
mystical_aussiegal
Captain Camping

Re: used to go there every summer holidays

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:52 pm

mystical_aussiegal wrote:charlie Morelands is the best, as its hot in Qld in summer and you can get the flooding rains (well at least you did when I lived there 5 yrs ago)...

The cheese factory at Kenilworth is fabulous, you get to taste all different cheeses and yoghurts with an awesome unsual playground across the road for the kids.

Just went to the Kenilworth cheese factory last week and bought some yummy cheeses to bring home. Had not been before so it was a lovely expereince for me.

Have not been to Charlie Morelands though as it is not pet friendly.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby mystical_aussiegal » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:09 am

I will be going to the cheese factory as soon as I get back up there.. which one(s) did you get gypsylady..

My favorites are the smoked cheese, garlic cheese and I cant remember the other ones.. its been tooo long.

Also loved the yoghurts, esp the rum and raisen but the raisens do sink to the bottom so you have to stir it well... lol
mystical_aussiegal
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:58 am

mystical_aussiegal wrote:I will be going to the cheese factory as soon as I get back up there.. which one(s) did you get gypsylady..

My favorites are the smoked cheese, garlic cheese and I cant remember the other ones.. its been tooo long.

Also loved the yoghurts, esp the rum and raisen but the raisens do sink to the bottom so you have to stir it well... lol

I bought the Cooloola cheese and one of the mild ones. I also test tased a few others as well and was especially interested in the ginger one but could not get one to try so left it.

I did not see anything much in the way of youghurt. I do however make yoghurt in my Dream Pot at home and have just tried the nectarine one and it is the yummiest... Can really recommend that one.

I love rum and raisin ice cream though I am not an ice cream person as such.

Well it won't be too many more sleeps before you will be here aussiegal and you will be able to catchup on all the things you have missed in the time you have been away. Exciting times are ahead for you I can see.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Camping Tips and Locations