Camping With Dogs/Animals

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Camping With Dogs/Animals

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:26 pm

I have been reading quite a few past and recent posts where the subject of dogs often come up,some one has even asked for a separate section for dog campers.Since i have dogs i have today purchased 3 very informative books...The RACQ..NRMA...RACV. or whatever they are called in your state have a book "Travelling With Pets" Dogs .Cats.Horses.Birds....$10.95 for members and 16.95 for non. mems including all states and Territories.
Life Be In it have... "Holidaying With Dogs $24.95
From the camping shop...Bush Camping With Dogs..$32.95
"Camps Australia Wide" $54.95 this one has maps,rest areas,National parks State Forests,Free camping sites and Pet Sites.
I have been mapping out trips all day and have found nearly all areas i wish to go have dog facilities.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: Camping With Dogs/Animals

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:55 pm

Poodle Jewel wrote:I have been reading quite a few past and recent posts where the subject of dogs often come up,some one has even asked for a separate section for dog campers.Since i have dogs i have today purchased 3 very informative books...The RACQ..NRMA...RACV. or whatever they are called in your state have a book "Travelling With Pets" Dogs .Cats.Horses.Birds....$10.95 for members and 16.95 for non. mems including all states and Territories.
Life Be In it have... "Holidaying With Dogs $24.95
From the camping shop...Bush Camping With Dogs..$32.95
"Camps Australia Wide" $54.95 this one has maps,rest areas,National parks State Forests,Free camping sites and Pet Sites.
I have been mapping out trips all day and have found nearly all areas i wish to go have dog facilities.

I too camp with my canine family and you are right there are quite a number of camping spots about which are 'pet friendly'.

I have posted a number of these previously on this forum.

I actually don't camp at all if my girl is not included so have made it a mission to collect as much info on 'pet friendly' destinations as possible.

Cheers.....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby waltzingmatilda » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:51 am

There are also many websites with pet friendly info for campers 8)
Exciting new Aussie online community for friendship or meet your own 'Bloke' or 'Sheila"
http://www.blokesnsheilas.com.au
waltzingmatilda
Captain Camping

Return to Camping Tips and Locations