Where have you travelled, what are your favourite places

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Where have you travelled, what are your favourite places

Postby mystical_aussiegal » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:09 pm

.... I have too many to list.. lol

Canarvon Gorge has to be up there in the tops, the walks are fabulous and so much to see.

I loved Birdsville, need to get back there when the population is nominal as being there a week before the races... I didnt get to see the "real" Birdsville.

Innaminka.... excellent but dont get tyres repaired there unless you have a bottomless bank book :-)

White Cliffs was awesome... you must do the underground house tour, the guy is of great aussie character.

geez... tooo many places to mention.. I love them all

The Olgas, Ayers Rock, Kings Canyon, Daintree, flinders Ranges

I get so caught up in seeing our country, I will never have time to get overseas.. I have seen heaps but yet I have seen so little of it
I absolutely love downunder and want to see all of it, especially the outback
mystical_aussiegal
Captain Camping

Postby Kramer » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:28 am

Birdsville, all of Far North QLD and of all places I didn't mind Mt Isa :? Kings Canyon was nice until Mel fell down into a little crevasse and split her knee :( and had to walk the other 4k's out and we had to drive to Alice to get some stitches.

Not a huge fan of the inland stuff I really love the coast doing Cape York again in 2009 :armsup
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:16 pm

When in 09 Kramer? Mate and myself are planning on doing it then, we want to be the 1st group through after the wet season so its harder :lol:

I haven't been very far :? , in fact, the furthest I've traveled is Leeton... where I know live :? And even thats only 6hrs from Sydney.
Lake Cargellico is real nice when there's water in it. Other than that, Port Stephens and its surrounds has to be my favourite.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Poodle Jewel » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:58 pm

Wow,this is a tough one, Favourite? how many do you want?
Definately,Western Coastline,Kunnarra,Hidden Valley,Great Australian Bight in whale season,
Tasmania...i backpacked the Cradle Mt to Lake St Clair trek ( i was very fit then) it would probably kill me now..
The Olgas,Knigs Canyon the list goes on i don`t think i have ever been somewhere i didn`t like...local,i love Bald Rock ,Boonoo Boonoo,Gerraween,some great walks at O`Rielly`s,i`ll shut up now or this will be an awfully long post.
Let`s face it Australia is bloody great!.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Kramer » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:14 pm

Ozzycamperboy wrote:When in 09 Kramer? Mate and myself are planning on doing it then, we want to be the 1st group through after the wet season so its harder :lol:

I am hoping to do it early as well, I was thinking around end of May into June depends on when my mates can get time off. It will be a 6 week trip this time for us :armsup
Kramer

Postby Blue Bravo » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:01 pm

Just about anywhere that is not in a city.
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

cape york

Postby mystical_aussiegal » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:23 pm

~ ~ can I be a stow-away in someones suitcase.... How I would love to do that trip (insert cry) but I dont have a 4wd (insert cry again... lol)
mystical_aussiegal
Captain Camping

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:42 pm

Kramer wrote:
Ozzycamperboy wrote:When in 09 Kramer? Mate and myself are planning on doing it then, we want to be the 1st group through after the wet season so its harder :lol:

I am hoping to do it early as well, I was thinking around end of May into June depends on when my mates can get time off. It will be a 6 week trip this time for us :armsup

6 weeks ::()

you planning on doing the CREB track? You done it before? I was planning for 4 weeks including the drive here and back. Leaving about 2 and a bit weeks for the actual cape part. Might have to make it longer :mrgreen:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Kramer » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:12 am

Blue Bravo wrote:Just about anywhere that is not in a city.

X Eleventy Billion!
Kramer

Postby Kramer » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:23 am

Ozzycamperboy wrote:
Kramer wrote:

6 weeks ::()

you planning on doing the CREB track? You done it before? I was planning for 4 weeks including the drive here and back. Leaving about 2 and a bit weeks for the actual cape part. Might have to make it longer :mrgreen:

CREB Track will be on the cards if it is open, if it isn't I will do it on the way back. Its not too hard if it isn't wet, this is all depending if it still there when we go up it has been up for closure to the public for years now :(

From down south you would want at least 1 week up to Cairns and the same back, 2 weeks up the top is fine if you want to do it for the drive and not fish or sit at nice places and enjoy it for a few days. I would come up from Normanton way and continue the west side on the way up and and come home through Cairns from down your way you will see a lot of QLD that way without back tracking.
Kramer

Re: Where have you travelled, what are your favourite places

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:10 pm

mystical_aussiegal wrote:.... I have too many to list.. lol

Canarvon Gorge has to be up there in the tops, the walks are fabulous and so much to see.

I loved Birdsville, need to get back there when the population is nominal as being there a week before the races... I didnt get to see the "real" Birdsville.

Innaminka.... excellent but dont get tyres repaired there unless you have a bottomless bank book :-)

White Cliffs was awesome... you must do the underground house tour, the guy is of great aussie character.

geez... tooo many places to mention.. I love them all

The Olgas, Ayers Rock, Kings Canyon, Daintree, flinders Ranges

I get so caught up in seeing our country, I will never have time to get overseas.. I have seen heaps but yet I have seen so little of it

I couldn't pick one place so will generalise by saying the Outback...
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby waltzingmatilda » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:48 am

Thats a hard question, been to many incredible places. In general I love the Red centre - Uluru is absolutely incredible.
Kimberley especially the Gibb River Road, lake Argyle and the many waterfalls.
Litchfield national Park is beautiful.
We went on a cruise on the Adelaide river in N.T. that was incredible, huge crocs & baby crocs lined the bank, our kids started counting them - gave up after 100 - too many!!!.
Going back to Central Australia next year!!! Cant wait!!! 8)
Cheers
Exciting new Aussie online community for friendship or meet your own 'Bloke' or 'Sheila"
http://www.blokesnsheilas.com.au
waltzingmatilda
Captain Camping

Postby mummeee74 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:15 pm

I loved the Great Barrier Reef, in particular a spot we went to one day called Stepping stones or something like that, we went with divers but snorkelled and it was fantastic as they moved all the fish etc up towards us. Truly amazing.

Other spots include, Jervis bay, there is this spot we were taken to one day where we snorkelled in this really deep but fairly small hole and it was fantastic. Kings Canyon, Ormiston Gorge & The pound, Glen Helen, Ayers Rock, Gosse Bluff, oooh too many! Also Port Arthur, Lake St Clair and Cradle Mountain. Also Barrington tops... on it goes....

If I won lotto I would be off to Lord Howe Island, that was next on the list until bubbies arrived :) After that I would love to see the Flinders Ranges

What a great country!!!!

Oh and really wanted to add, Mannering Park and Patonga, gosh I'll go anywhere and be a happy camper, 'cept if it's raining.
mummeee74
Post Machine!

Postby Komodo » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:41 pm

Either Dissapointment Rock or the Breakaways on the road between Norseman and Hyden. Never have I been in a quieter (or colder, things in the fridge were warmer than things outside the fridge!) or more beautiful place

OR

Right out in the middle of the nullarbor between Madura and Mundrabilla near the Moondini pass never have I ever seen so many millions of stars

But hey I'm just starting on my travels around this great land so I expect my oppinions will change as I get older and see more of Australia.
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby mystical_aussiegal » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:13 pm

:grin: We are lucky!! So much to see in this wonderful country we live in :grin:
mystical_aussiegal
Captain Camping

Next

Return to Camping Tips and Locations