Neurum Creek News

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Neurum Creek News

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:05 pm

I received this info via email recently and wondered if anyone might be interested........

The Mini Muster February 22nd Fundraiser in aid of Angel Flight http://www.angelflight.org.au/html/home.cfm

This weekend is a must do if you enjoy a bit of country rock mixed with kids activities and a lot of relaxation and fun. The combined ticket price Adults $40 School kids $15 under 5 free, includes all your camping fees and a generous donation to Angel Flight. But! Don't leave your wallet at home as there will be food to buy all weekend if you don't want to cook.

Whilst the music is the main attraction, there will be Auctions with bargains galore, Raffles, Face painting (gold donation per kids face) and a special segment on Saturday evening called Ugly Faces (gold donation) when all adults will be invited to have a secret ugly face painted. All ugly faces will be judged on stage at 6 pm to win a weekend of camping at NCBR for their whole family and a bottle of Yowie port (Total value $85)

Check the website http://www.ncbr.com.au for further updates closer to the event. Bookings are essential and only by prepayment, so call 1300733901 to reserve your spot.

School's out Fun's in Neurum Creek Bush Retreat presents their 1st ever
KIDS DISCO FREE! (for all camping kids)

Saturday 12th January at 7p.m. Our pro DJ Brent will blast off with a blaze of Light, Sound & Smoke at 7p.m. right after the movie (movie starts 5.45p.m.) Features will include

The MACARENA
The CHICKEN DANCE
Y.M.C.A.
The TIME WARP
NUTBUSH
The LIMBO (How low can you go)

Drinks and nibbles will be served at interval. Be sure to bring your dancing shoes on this camping trip. There will be prizes for the hottest dancing and lowest limbo's. Help us celebrate Australia's greatest day AUSTRALIA DAY

This is the first Long Weekend for 2008.

We have the local firies preparing hot lamb & gravy rolls for just $4 to save you cooking or sausages & onions, roast spuds & hamburgers.

There are still some great campsites available for the long weekend but you best hurry to be sure of your favourite site.

Cheers...
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Derek Bullock » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:26 pm

Neurem Creek is starting to become the place for events in SEQ.

I have been asked to put on a camp oven cooking event at Neurem Creek in the future. No date set at this time.

When It comes off perhaps we can also use it as a forum gathering.

My brother is a retired QANTAS Captain and a volunteer pilot for Angel Flight.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:54 pm

Derek wrote:Neurem Creek is starting to become the place for events in SEQ.

I have been asked to put on a camp oven cooking event at Neurem Creek in the future. No date set at this time.

My brother is a retired QANTAS Captain and a volunteer pilot for Angel Flight.

Derek

It is not a place that I especially like myself Derek but it could have potential under some circumstances for a gathering.

So when are you moving back to Qld??
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Troyk » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:39 pm

Derek wrote:I have been asked to put on a camp oven cooking event at Neurem Creek in the future. No date set at this time.

Derek

Derek, when you have some dates, PM me and I will update in our event calender. :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Kramer » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:50 pm

That looks like a lot of fun, pity with the price of fuel I can't get away as much as I like to do, but on the cards hopefully later this year I will be doing a little tour of SEQ and Northern NSW then back up to QLD for Mud Bulls and Music all this in between being the best man at 2 weddings :shock: cash left for christmas will be $0
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby mystical_aussiegal » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:44 pm

I would love to go to one of the camp oven cooking events, could you let me know when its on, thanks
I absolutely love downunder and want to see all of it, especially the outback
mystical_aussiegal
Captain Camping

Postby Derek Bullock » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:48 pm

I certainly will let everyone on here know. Still looking at the process of returning to Queensland at the moment. Still no confirmed date.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby mystical_aussiegal » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:12 pm

:grin: I will be back in Qld this time next week, almost to the day :grin:
I absolutely love downunder and want to see all of it, especially the outback
mystical_aussiegal
Captain Camping

Re: Neurum Creek News

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:36 pm

gypsylady wrote:I received this info via email recently and wondered if anyone might be interested........

The Mini Muster February 22nd Fundraiser in aid of Angel Flight http://www.angelflight.org.au/html/home.cfm

Cheers...

Update from Neurum Creek

Only 3 weeks to go to the Muster, don't miss out, phone 1300733901
now to ensure you get a campsite & ticket.

http://www.ncbr.com.au/calendar.php#000084

This once a year event supporting "Angel Flight" is a must do for campers that enjoy the spirit of adventure and the tranquility of the campfire.
The all in cost of $40 per Adult & $15 per school age child.
Maximum numbers are capped, so don't miss out!
CALL NOW
You are guaranteed of a great weekend.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Camping Tips and Locations