Miara

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Miara

Postby will_deness » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:05 pm

We are thinking of going to miara ( 24°39'53.06"S 152°11'49.94"E in google earth) easter time. Its about 45k north of bundaberg, We seen the park last time we were through that area and it seemed ok. But what I'm concerned about is. What are the insects like?Some people I spoke to said "midges" are pretty bad. Anyone else had experiances there?
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Derek Bullock » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:07 pm

Yep both sand flies and mosquitoes are bad. I have never camped there only pulled in for a look. I imagine dusk and dawn would be the worst times.

Then again, where on the coast that is a bit out of the way won't you find them.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Kramer » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:46 pm

Yep they can be bad at dusk and dawn other than that they are fine, lots of rain lately hasn't helped the mozzie situation. Went there at christmas for a look and it is still nice as ever :armsup even played some cricket with the local kids for a bit :grin:
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Return to Camping Tips and Locations