Caravan Park Wanted Queensland

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Caravan Park Wanted Queensland

Postby Frilly » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:38 pm

Hey All!!

Can anyone help me out? My boss has a caravan (Viscount 1985 size I'm finding out) that he wants to leave at a caravan park or similar on a permanent basis. Ideally he wants it on or near a surf beach. It is fully insured and registered. Anyone have any contacts, ideas or thoughts I may have to pass onto him?? Much appreciated...

Tammy.
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby will_deness » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:58 pm

Hard finding something like that nowadays, with parks making more money by tossing the permernants and putting in cabins. He might wanna go and explore out of the way spots in areas that he likes.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Derek Bullock » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:23 pm

Tammy

What area is he looking at. Northern NSW, SE Queensland ????

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Scolers » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:44 pm

Ditto to Derek ... the further away from Brissie the more luck he is likely to have. There's a few parks around here (Fraser Coast) but I couldn't say if the allow that type of arrangement.

Another thought, you can leave vans in a van storage yard. The all you have to do is book the park, drive up, hitch the van and off you go. Prices start at $9/ week ... we pay $70/ month for undercover van parking here in Hervey Bay.

Good luck!

:?#

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

ohh yeah

Postby Frilly » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:41 am

Hey Derek!

Sorry I forgot that bit of info... he is looking at Sunshine or Gold Coast area... not as far as Byron Bay distance though. I know this is a tough ask but thought putting it out there to such knowledgeable folks as there are on here would be the best bet. I am so grateful for the replies so far... thanks!!

Tammy.
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby amanda » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:15 pm

A friend of mine had a van permanenetly on site at Hastings Point Holiday Park a couple of years back that he used as a weekender - not sure if they still do it or not. Hastings Point is about 10-15 minutes south of Coolangatta.
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:28 pm

amanda wrote:A friend of mine had a van permanenetly on site at Hastings Point Holiday Park a couple of years back that he used as a weekender - not sure if they still do it or not. Hastings Point is about 10-15 minutes south of Coolangatta.

There was one on Dry Dock Road at Tweed Heads that a friend of mine had an onsite van in some time back. I can't recall the name of it now but have done a search and come up with a couple that your friend could try. I THINK it was Colonial but can't be sure.

Colonial Tweed Caravan Park 158 Dry Dock Rd Tweed Heads 5524-2999
Pyramid Caravan Park Kennedy Drv Tweed Heads 5536-3666
River Retreat Caravan Park Dry Dock Rd Tweed Heads 5524-2700
The Palms Tweed Heads 112 Dry Dock Rd Tweed Heads 5524-2682
Tweed Coast Holiday Parks Dry Dock Rd Tweed Heads 5523-4111
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby amanda » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:56 am

The Tweed Coast Holiday Parks are council run and don't have permanent sites available.
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:01 am

amanda wrote:The Tweed Coast Holiday Parks are council run and don't have permanent sites available.

Checked on the weekend and it was the Billabong at South Tweed that the van was in on a permanent site. Not sure if they still have this option or not, your boss would have to check. http://www.tweedbillabong.com.au/
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby will_deness » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:08 am

I think Wooyung still has permernants, not 100% sure tho. Might also be outside the area he is after. cheers
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

YAY!!

Postby Frilly » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:14 pm

Hey All!!!

Looks like we have found a place at Colonial Tweed Caravan Park... they are super nice and my boss is going for a drive down this weekend to have a looksy. I want everyone to know how much I truly value your time and appreciate all your advice. Good to know you re always here to help.

Love ya all

Tammy.
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Re: YAY!!

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:24 pm

Frilly wrote:
Looks like we have found a place at Colonial Tweed Caravan Park...
Tammy.

Glad to be of assistance Tammy.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

No luck!

Postby Frilly » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:22 pm

The bosses went to Colonial over the past week and are not happy with its location so we are again on the lookout! Again any help, contacts and advice are appreciated!
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby Scolers » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:42 pm

What about Tin Can Bay? I noticed they have a small section out the back for this sort of thing but I don't know what the cost is.

Only problem is there's no surf unless you want to travel to Rainbow Beach (about half hour). TCB is a great place, small, few coffee shops, Saturday market.

And did I metnion the onsite ensuites? 8)

Might be a tad to far tho' as it is about another 45mins from Sunshine Coast.

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

thanks!

Postby Frilly » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:44 pm

Thanks Scolers! Yeah he is really looking at something closer to surf. It's a real struggle but I haven't given up just yet!! It astounds me the time and effort everyone on here has taken to help me out with this. Again THANKS!!
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Next

Return to Camping Tips and Locations