Fernhill Park

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Re: Fernhill Park

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:15 pm

:*** :*** Got the drift.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:18 pm

Poodle Jewel wrote::*** :*** Got the drift.

Goodo:-)))
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Al&Sharon » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:53 pm

We are heading up Friday morn PJ we will seek you out seems like its going to be a busy weekend, but ah no 1 can take the stars away hope its a clear weekend like GL says its not forcast to good lets keep our fingers crossed ah, and yes Gl we will do a report on our return, have to take the chocolate so we can :bunny :bunny :bunny .Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby AussieSunset » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:12 pm

Derek wrote:Has anyone heard of this place before. Looks like a great spot to spend a few days. Looks to be about 2 1/2 hours north of Brissie.

http://www.fernhillpk.com/

I cant get that link to work anymore. All it has is about ferns and then link to searchs where to get them :***
Life is what happens when you've made other plans. :)
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Postby Poodle Jewel » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:00 pm

Al&Sharon wrote:We are heading up Friday morn PJ we will seek you out seems like its going to be a busy weekend, but ah no 1 can take the stars away hope its a clear weekend like GL says its not forcast to good lets keep our fingers crossed ah, and yes Gl we will do a report on our return, have to take the chocolate so we can :bunny :bunny :bunny .Alan

I`m ditching the tent,just look for a silver tarp set up and 2 poodles and a fox terrier.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:49 am

Al&Sharon wrote:yes Gl we will do a report on our return, have to take the chocolate so we can :bunny :bunny :bunny .Alan

Thanks Alan, depending upon your report I am thinking I might have a week up there in June.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:52 am

Poodle Jewel wrote:

I`m ditching the tent,just look for a silver tarp set up and 2 poodles and a fox terrier.

I'd be putting the tent in PJ just in case it is raining, windy or cold. You can always decide not to put it up if the weather is nice and have it to fall back on if it turns bad.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:38 am

Now that the link seems to be no longer working, does anyone have a phone number for Fernhill Park please??
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Al&Sharon » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:22 am

Fernhill Park camping & fishing is a great rural getaway for the whole family. Loads of space with 30+ campsites in three separate areas. Fish for Bass or Barramundi in the onsite dams.

MURRAY RIVER COD NOW STOCKED IN BARRA DAM.
Located on the beautiful Munna Creek it offers cool fresh water swimming holes & is lined with diverse remnant rainforest. Wildlife abounds in the large forest reserves that are ideal for bushwalking, bird watching & wildlife spotting. Fishing in two separate well stocked dams. Catch & release or pay by weight on a per kilo basis. Rods for hire, bait & tackle available for sale. An ideal family destination. Please use the navigation to get acquainted with all the features & advantages of visiting Fernhill Park.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Activities
Fishing ~ Of course but not essential. In either of the two dams or in Munna Creek.
Fauna & Flora ~ Naturalists will delight in the diversity of species.
Bushwalking ~ 243 acres of fenced property gives loads of space safely contained.
Creek ~ Rainforest, cool water, a lovely place to relax.
Spotlighting ~ Australia's nocturnal creatures outnumber the diurnal creatures.
Stargazing ~ Far from city lights & with raised open spaces you are not likely to see more stars anywhere.
Games ~ The playing field is big enough for any game.
Cycling, Horse Riding ~ Bring your own & explore the country roads.
Sloth ~ The easiest activity. Aahhhh h h !! !
Other local activities
Glen-Echo Motorbike Park ~ Situated just 4km further along the road.
Historic Hotels ~ Theebine, Woolooga, Tiaro. All have welcoming country pubs.
Return to Top of page.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fernhill Park
Fernhill Park was established in early 2005 on a 243 acre property as a way to sustainably use the land in a manner that maintains diversity & health of the land yet at the same time open it up for use by the general public. Fernhill Park is 52km northwest of Gympie, Queensland, via Gunalda. Gympie is 169km north of Brisbane on the Bruce Highway.

GL heres the info
Contact Information

Telephone
07 54848181

Postal address
Lot 4 Glen-Echo Road, Munna Creek, Queensland Australia, 4570
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:55 am

Thanks a heap Alan, you have given me more than enough info. Hope it is as good when you get there as it appears to be.

Cheers GL.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Al&Sharon » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:29 pm

Pj I have to agree with GL about taking the tent, if its a luggage space problem Im more than happy to fit gear in my trailer for you as I to am on the gold coast and can help you, if you need me to pick gear up or you can drop it off as 4 days under a tarp with your dogs is a bit tough only my way of thinking though remember the evenings will be colder than bribie, like ive said IM here if you need me.Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:37 pm

Thanks Al,it is not really the room as why i ditched the tent, 1. my camp bed doesn`t fit in it hangs out the door,i don`t just use one tarp i use three,the roof and two walls and the car is very comfy to sleep in and i feel i have more room.I did this at Canungra a couple of weeks ago and quite enjoyed it,I`ll see how i go this weekend but i have found a good canvas tent i like and my bed will fit.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Previous

Return to Camping Tips and Locations