Qld urged to bring in parks entrance fee

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Re: Qld urged to bring in parks entrance fee

Postby will_deness » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:53 pm

Ozzycamperboy wrote:But here's where I disagree. I DON'T want all that in a National Park. How is it conservation by clearing out areas for campgrounds, plumbing them, putting up BBQ's, fences, etc etc :? Also, once you start adding facilities you make it more appealing to people who otherwise would not have stayed there overnight. So it gets busier, making it less tranquil, damaging the bush more from the increased traffic, animals get scared away, and so on.

National parks, to me, should be JUST BUSH and dirt tracks. Bins at the entrance/exit would be great cause it means you don't need to drive all the way home with it in the car. But thats it.

I dont think you are seeing the distincion between national parks and wilderness areas.
National parks
These are areas protected for their unspoiled landscapes and native plants and animals. They are set aside for conservation and public enjoyment, and usually offer visitor facilities

Wilderness
Wilderness is usually an 'overlay' on national parks or reserves. Wilderness areas are large, remote and essentially unchanged by modern human activity. They are managed so that native plant and animal communities are disturbed as little as possible.

http://192.148.120.24/npws.nsf/Content/ ... d+reserves
The trouble with this dept. is it needs to be all things to all people. And that is one thing that is impossible. Over all imho I think they do a reasonable job for a govt dept.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:36 pm

will_deness wrote:
Over all imho I think they do a reasonable job for a govt dept.

They never do enough in my opinion and without giving too much away believe me when I say I am not talking thorugh my hat when I say this......
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby will_deness » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:43 pm

gypsylady wrote:
will_deness wrote:
Over all imho I think they do a reasonable job for a govt dept.

They never do enough in my opinion and without giving too much away believe me when I say I am not talking thorugh my hat when I say this......

I can name a lot worse too.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Previous

Return to Camping Tips and Locations