just returned (caution dial up users photos attached)

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Re: just returned (caution dial up users photos attached)

Postby Komodo » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:06 pm

I dont reacon that flatty is 700mm long - the flatties ive cought that are 600+mm long have a head like a shovel

Looks like a great spot!
Good pics too.

I should go camping ...
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby J`CRUISER » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:54 am

Argle wrote:I dont mean to be a wet blanket, but that flathead has maximum size limit of 70cm. Any fish over that size must be returned to the water as they are the female breeders at that size.
Next time you catch a big girl like that snap a quick pic and pop her back to make lots more little ones! Looks like you had a great time though, thanks for posting the report

Cheers and Beers
Scott

yes i do know that after checking the internet when we got home and mesuring the fish with a tape mesure.

Komodo wrote:I dont reacon that flatty is 700mm long - the flatties ive cought that are 600+mm long have a head like a shovel

Looks like a great spot!
Good pics too.

I should go camping ...

i can assure you that the tape mesure did not lie. i also thought the head was a little small..
J`CRUISER
Captain Camping

Postby mrsbanksy » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:13 pm

Hi Camping King,

Just wondering where about this lovely looking spot is? and can you have camp fires there. Thanks Liz
Is it the long weekend yet?
mrsbanksy
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:00 pm

mrsbanksy wrote:Just wondering where about this lovely looking spot is? and can you have camp fires there. Thanks Liz

If you look back through the thread Liz you will see that someone else asked the same question and the answer was at Inskip Point. Mind you it is not always that easy to find though.

And in times gone by you could have a campfire if there were no fire bans but I can't say that is still definitley the case.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby J`CRUISER » Tue May 13, 2008 9:38 am

yes the spot is inskip point ;) . you would have to check with the rangers office at rainbow beach to check on the fire. last i knew it was ok but you cannot collect fire wood you must bring your own.
J`CRUISER
Captain Camping

Previous

Return to Camping Tips and Locations