Kitchen set ups

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Kitchen set ups

Postby CCC » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:43 am

I would like to hear or even better, SEE how you set up your camp kitchen or outside area

I havent done it for a while and am on the look out for pros and cons of setting up a kitchen / prep / eating / hanging out areas

Thanx
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Re: Kitchen set ups

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:28 pm

Central Coast Campers wrote:I would like to hear or even better, SEE how you set up your camp kitchen or outside area

Thanx

Are you talking about a kitchen in a tent situation CCC??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby mr_grumble » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:34 pm

In order for the missus to allow me to have a CT, she demanded a better kitchen set-up than milk crates as previously used in past camping trips, although I still don't think you can go past a milk crate as being one of the most versitile objects to take camping :+

Is a better fit-out of kitchen stuff than our home kitchen. Will comfortably hold two camp ovens, two smaller saucepans, glasses, mugs, plates, bowls, knives / forks / spoons to cater for 4, a rack for seasonings, all wash-up stuff, every possible gadget like can openers etc, glad wrap, foil etc, wash basin, handpump, 3 burner gas cooker, and thanks to some good rubber mating, it doesn't move around in transit.

Takes 30 sec to extract and set-up and the same to pull down and slide away again.
Image Image Image
mr_grumble
Post Machine!

Postby CCC » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:53 pm

gypsylady wrote:
Central Coast Campers wrote:I would like to hear or even better, SEE how you set up your camp kitchen or outside area

Thanx

Are you talking about a kitchen in a tent situation CCC??

Yes in a tent situation, although we can borrow a camper trailer at some stages but it does not contain a kitchen
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby CCC » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:56 pm

wow that is some set up you have there mr_grumble
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:07 pm

Central Coast Campers wrote:
Yes in a tent situation, although we can borrow a camper trailer at some stages but it does not contain a kitchen

Thanks CCC but probably not much help me posting a pic of my CT kitchen then. Cheers...
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Pauly » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:04 am

Here is our kitchen, 2 fold up tables a 2 burner BBQ, 3 burner grill and 2 camp ovens. Does everything we need

It all sits under our 6x7 tarp, kitchen in 1 corner and sitting area for the rest

The tarp is the first thing we set up especially if bad weather is coming or already there
Pauly
Post Machine!

Postby PestMaster » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:51 am

Pauly wrote:Here is our kitchen, 2 fold up tables a 2 burner BBQ, 3 burner grill and 2 camp ovens. Does everything we need

It all sits under our 6x7 tarp, kitchen in 1 corner and sitting area for the rest

The tarp is the first thing we set up especially if bad weather is coming or already there

Wow Pauly, that's some kindling you have there ! Are you planning on staying a while ?
PestMaster
Boy Scout

Postby CCC » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:06 pm

awesome family set up Pauly :+
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Pauly » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:31 pm

Pestmaster the wood is for a week, plenty of smaller stuff to get coals as it was raining everyday. We normally set up camp then go and get what we think is enough wood for our stay, saves running around looking.

Thanks CCC its important with the kids to have shade/shelter especially when its wet, nothing kills the joy quicker than spending 3 days in a wet tent :-bang
Pauly
Post Machine!

Postby baileysw » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:35 pm

Go to Page 4, 2/3 way down you'll see a heading with "Organizing your kitchen". There are some good shots in here of various setups.
baileysw

Postby ChallengeLee » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:59 pm

I posted this on another thread but is more relevant to the kitchen set up.

The awning l picked up from ebay and is waterproof and can be enclosed on three sides, it's invaluable, l even take it for overnight camps as it's so easy to put up and take down, provides shelter and gives me a set space to cook in.

ChallengeLee
Camping Veteran

Postby Redback » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:20 am

Kitchen
Outside setup
01 Discovery TD5 Locked & Lifted & Redback Country Camper Trailer
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Return to Camping Tips and Locations