Camping for Labour day weekend

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Re: Camping for Labour day weekend

Postby Poodle Jewel » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:28 am

snake_dr wrote:flatrock looks awesome!

im going to need to stop watching this forum, ive got a list of half a dozen awesome looking places in the week or two ive been here

Yes my list is getting longer and i have even marked my days off 4 months ahead so i can write them on the calendar.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:32 pm

Derek wrote:
amanda wrote:My apologies, Flat Rock Tent Park does have a website. It's http://www.bscp.com.au/flatrock. Costs are $26 per day for 2 adults.

Try this one as that opne doesn't work http://www.bscp.com.au/flatrock.htm

Thank you both.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:25 pm

As some of you will notice there's been a bit of a post cull in this thread. The members involved know (or will know why, shortly). Play nice kiddies. :mrgreen:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:32 pm

amanda wrote:Flat Rock Tent Park 02 6686 4848, no website. It wouldn't suit you GL as it's not pet frendly.

Thank you Amanda.
Last edited by GypsyLady on Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby freerocketman1 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:41 am

yes thank you amanda :grin:
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby Al&Sharon » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:03 pm

Hi tonnes heres another good 1 just down the road from seabreeze but a lot closer to the beach http://www.ballinabeachpark.com.au has great camp kitchen will take group bookings ask to go down the back as you will be away from the office and can party away it has everything you asked for in your requierments hope you and the lads get somewhere, easter is mad busy everywhere, have a great easter .Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby freerocketman1 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:11 pm

AL would you think this would be a good spot for a forum gathering?
looks like it has everything that is required by everone.
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby Troyk » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:13 pm

I have on my to do list, a recon weekend into Northern NSW and check some of these places out. Been meaning to check out Flat Rock for ages.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Al&Sharon » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:29 pm

Yes freerocket would be a great place, 2wd but if you have 4x4 its an easy but soft track to the beach you have to get the ferry over from ballina it cost a couple of dollars,when we stayed there last yr we camped close to the camp kitchen so didnt have a fire I have just spoke to a friend of mine who is going down easter I asked if fires where allowed down the back he said they had a fire last time but it has to be in a grate off the ground, and they had borrowed 1 from a person whom they knew from that area but he said there was 1 or 2 there already, but we d have to enquire about that ,now as a few people like to take pets this is a pet friendly campsite however not on public holidays, I just spoke to the mate and he said at easter they couldnt take their dog but again maybe labour day we could enquire for those that require that info. so yes its a great place for the northern nsw crew and the qld group to meet up its an easy 1and a half hr drive from the coast.Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:25 am

Al&Sharon wrote:Hi tonnes heres another good 1 just down the road from seabreeze but a lot closer to the beach http://www.ballinabeachpark.com.au has great camp kitchen will take group bookings ask to go down the back as you will be away from the office and can party away it has everything you asked for in your requierments hope you and the lads get somewhere, easter is mad busy everywhere, have a great easter .Alan

Thank you Alan and it is 'pet friendly' so can also add it to my list.

Cheers...
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Al&Sharon » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:28 pm

no probs GL you would like it there there are nice walks along the beach and up the road to the spit ( I suppose you could call it) up the end of the rock wall,anyway the beach is a leasurely 5 mins walk and your dog can run to its hearts content.Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Previous

Return to Camping Tips and Locations