Camping in the snow - probly Mt Skene

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Re: Camping in the snow - probly Mt Skene

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:06 pm

Heard about the road closures, and spoken to people who both live in that area, and members of clubs who do annual trips. They say they've spoken to both the local cops and the council and the road closed signs are there to keep people in cars driving up there getting stuck and then complaining that there where no warnings.

At any rate, we'll be keeping off the bitumen as much as possible. Would actually love to go the way these fellers went, and I'll be chasing this route up before I go. http://www.lcool.org/trips/snow_2004/snow2004.html

Not much snow by the looks of it in that trip, but I read a thread on another 4x4 forum (you need to be a member to see it so no point linking) from last year and there was loads more snow on the way to and at the summit :armsup So hopefully its the same this year.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Camping Tips and Locations