1770 Camping Grounds

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

1770 Camping Grounds

Postby keznpaul » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:36 pm

Hi All,

Just wondering has anyone been to 1770 Camping Grounds (Agnes Waters)??

http://www.1770campinggrounds.com/site/

Any feedback would be great!

Cheers Kez n Paul
*** We're in no hurry - our motto for when we finally get to go around Australia ***
keznpaul
Camping King

Re: 1770 Camping Grounds

Postby Gary's Family » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:26 am

We stayed there about 12mths ago. It is a top spot. Just make sure you book in advance. We loved it because the sites fronting the water can have fires, and are also powered - the best of both worlds. We didn't want to move on, but we were there leading up to a public holiday.

Gary
Gary's Family
Camping King

Postby spiritual sky » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:19 am

We went camping at Bustard Beach at 1770

Beautiful location,one of my favourites

Was lots more fish bigger than that one but my only catch...
You can crab there to but they have a rule that you can only
crab at one end of beach
spiritual sky
Boy Scout

Postby AussieSunset » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:22 am

spiritual sky when i noticed the LARK (the pink, land and sea vehical) in the background of one of your photos, i wondered if that tour was still going. It's great to see that it is as we went on it 10 years ago and it was a fantastic day out as something very different to do that is for sure. It takes you to places you cant get to normally and i totally recommend it as something to do when up in that area at least once.
We stayed at the Captain Cook CP so i cant comment on the camping grounds other than it looked ok back then and in a nice spot.
Life is what happens when you've made other plans. :)
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Postby spiritual sky » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:59 am

Hi Aussie sunset

We where only there last June & it was running everyday.It was amazing watching go
from land into water,looked like it would be a great ride.It comes from 1770 but will also
pick you up from your campspot,there is some other campgrounds near Rudds Penisula
that can only be accessed by the Lark& they will take you&your campgear there&pick you up when you want to return.
spiritual sky
Boy Scout

Postby AussieSunset » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:25 pm

spiritual sky wrote:Hi Aussie sunset

We where only there last June & it was running everyday.It was amazing watching go
from land into water,looked like it would be a great ride.It comes from 1770 but will also
pick you up from your campspot,there is some other campgrounds near Rudds Penisula
that can only be accessed by the Lark& they will take you&your campgear there&pick you up when you want to return.

It's even more amazing to be on it. It's the weirdest thing to drive off sand and then start to float. Yeah they had that offer to take gear back then too. I had my 4 kids (13 to 9 yrs) then and they loved it too. I'm glad we where able to go on it as it's a very different experiance. The climb to the top of Bustard head (I think it was called) was great too and fantastic views of the whole area. We wouldn't have been able to do that without the LARK tour. It's a must do for anyone in the area.
Life is what happens when you've made other plans. :)
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Postby keznpaul » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:46 pm

Thanks Everyone!!! Definitely on the list - had to laugh it was on Creek to Coast (I Think or ET) this arvo.... it looks BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thanks again all.

Cheers Kez
*** We're in no hurry - our motto for when we finally get to go around Australia ***
keznpaul
Camping King

Return to Camping Tips and Locations