Happy Hallidays

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Happy Hallidays

Postby campingkids » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:58 pm

Hi There
I know it isn't hard core but having 3 little ones under 3 we are going to Happy Hallidays Holiday park in NSW at Christmas. I figure it is a good place to start :)
If anyone has stayed there and could give me any info that would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Cath
campingkids

Re: Happy Hallidays

Postby will_deness » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:31 pm

campingkids wrote:Hi There
having 3 little ones under 3 we are going to Happy Hallidays Holiday park

Wow 3 under 3. I would be looking for something similar, especially with things like the kidznook :idea:
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby campingkids » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:44 pm

lol, not thinking, it will be 3 under 4 with the 3rd addition to our brat pack arriving soon.
Was definitily after somewhere with lots of activity that could wear them out.......if there is such a thing !!!!!
campingkids

Postby Hissy » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:27 am

Camping Kids,

HH would be a great place to take the family. We have not been for two years as it is a bit of a drive for us. Yet i will add it is well worth it.
We tented both times we visited up the back near the tennis court.
As you will know from the web site there are a number of activities.

http://www.happyhallidays.com.au/

The pool is great, jumping pillow, mini golf and tennis and don't forget the train that drives around the park. The kids love that.
Our kids were 3 and 5 years old and had a ball. Clean camp kitchen and facilities.

It is a couple of minutes drive to the beach. One visit we did not even leave the park.
Sites are varied with the larger ones around the back. We easily fitted a car, box trailer, double dome 8+8 tent and tarp on our site. Lots of nice green grass and space.

The hosts and fellow campers are friendly and we would return to visit again.

(will try to add photos later).
Hissy
Hissy
Captain Camping

Postby ellyb » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:31 pm

HH is a great place to go with little ones. We have been there every christmas hols for the past 13 years and although our kids are long grown we have made lots of friends who we meet up with every year. It is not a quiet campsite so expect lots of people - most try to be considerate of others. HH also has lots of family activities such as junior movies, kids play nook, face painting, putt putt, playground,discos etc. There is also a train which offers rides around the park a few times each day - at minimal cost. The local area has lots to see and do but be mindful if you have 3 under 5 you may be getting in your car often as it is probably just too far to walk to the beach. HH is halfway between Forster and Taree - it's about a 15 minute drive to both for any major items. There is a coles supermarket, bakery, chemist takeaway locally plus HH has a shop for milk, bread, gas, drinks etc. If your kids travel well then Timbertown, Harrington, Port Macquarie, Ellenborough Falls and national parks are under an hour's drive away. Make sure that if you have an awning that you have springs on all your ropes as it can get windy. We have helped to rescue many fly away tarps over the years. Hope you have a great time - cos I don't think it will be the last time you visit HH
ellyb

Postby campingkids » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:59 pm

Thanks so much for all the replies, we are very excited.
The park looks great.......can't wait :armsup :beer
campingkids

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:55 pm

Would love to hear your comments upon your return campingkids. Have a GREAT one.....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Camping Tips and Locations