Shallow Crossing Easter 2008

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Shallow Crossing Easter 2008

Postby Teabag » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:56 pm

Hi all,

Had a wonderful relaxing few days down at Shallow Crossing over the Easter long weekend. The weather wasn't the best but it also wasn't the worst and who can complain when you have a great location and your out in the fresh air. The water was surprisingly warm and conducive to some excellent relaxing swimming...I have attached some pictures of our camp and some scenery shots as we paddled upstream in a mate Canadian Canoe, it was very picturesque.....

Now, there was one sour note: I must admit I was very disappointed in the Actions of 2 4wd Clubs that where also camped at Shallow Crossing. I won't divulge names of clubs and yes, I do know the names of the clubs....

One and surely the worst left the private camp ground (Shallow Crossing) owned by Jim without paying after a 2 night stay. This was confirmed to us by the owner. They also took it upon themselves to drive up virgin bush at the back of the camp ground leading up to the owners house (he was out at the time though came back when another tried). To me and others around this was absolutely disgraceful and all the good work done by many 4wd Clubs has just been ruined by several clowns.... >:(
The other and less destructive yet concerning act by the other 4wd club was to disregard the causeway at Shallow Crossing and just drive straight into the river for all spectators to see...Yes, distruction was more than likely minimal though it appears this particular club isn't too keen on Tread Lightly >:(.....Rant Over....

Our Camp....

Some of the Camp Ground Area...

Up River from the Crossing....

Down River from the Crossing...

Canoe Up River Shot's.....

2006 GU4 4.2TDi Patrol with 2005 Limited Edition Kimberley Kamper and plenty of goodies.

http://www.4wdmonthly.com.au/shed/index.php?id=1003
Teabag
Captain Camping

Re: Shallow Crossing Easter 2008

Postby cruiser » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:11 pm

Look's like a very peacefull spot teabag.
yes some people have no respect,and ruin it for all of us.
cruiser
Camping Veteran

Postby amanda » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:13 pm

Great shots, thanks! Disappointing behaviour by the clubs - gives everyone a bad name doesn't it?
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby will_deness » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:20 pm

To me and others around this was absolutely disgraceful and all the good work done by many 4wd Clubs has just been ruined by several clowns.... >:(
The other and less destructive yet concerning act by the other 4wd club was to disregard the causeway at Shallow Crossing and just drive straight into the river for all spectators to see...Yes, distruction was more than likely minimal though it appears this particular club isn't too keen on Tread Lightly

Its unfortunate these things go on. But 4wd owners do seem to have more than their fair share of "look at me I'm a hero" type people
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby cruiser » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:23 pm

P3230005.jpg

how did you get you'r tank and shed out there,now that's a luxury :*** :***
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cruiser
Camping Veteran

Postby Teabag » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:49 pm

cruiser wrote:how did you get you'r tank and shed out there,now that's a luxury :*** :***

Yes, it is luxury.....There a several located around the camp ground though only one with the rain water tank. So water wasn't in short supply though still value it as we all should. The sheds also have a bench and seating within so great for sitting down to a nice meal.....One of my fav spots as we can take the dog and she loves camping....
2006 GU4 4.2TDi Patrol with 2005 Limited Edition Kimberley Kamper and plenty of goodies.

Teabag
Captain Camping

Postby Teabag » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:52 pm

[/quote]
Its unfortunate these things go on. But 4wd owners do seem to have more than their fair share of "look at me I'm a hero" type people[/quote]

Mate, your 100% correct. I'm a very active member within a 4wd club and a previous President of one and it just annoy's me to know all the great work clubs do to only be spoiled be this BS......Further action towards these two clubs will follow......

Teabag
Captain Camping

Postby Blue Bravo » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:59 pm

Thanks for the photos - looks like a top spot
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Activity_Dept » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:48 pm

Hey great pics there Teabag thank you for that. Does look like a nice spot and you do come prepaired.

:+
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Barby-Q » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:29 am

Looks a great spot , How far up stream can you go in the canoe?
Those reflections in the water are great and water looks clear . Where is it exactly?
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby Teabag » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:41 am

Barby-Q wrote:Looks a great spot , How far up stream can you go in the canoe?
Those reflections in the water are great and water looks clear . Where is it exactly?

We canoed about 6-7 Km up stream and could have gone further. I did a bit of fishing for Bass but without luck though I hear many do well....Location is about 20km North of Bateman's Bay NSW and about 10km inland along the Clyde River....

This may help?

Grassy area with the Mogood label...

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?ie=UTF8& ... 14462&z=16

Grid reference D1 on this Map....

http://www.cartoscope.com.au/maps/eurob ... Region.pdf

Grid reference B5 on this Map.....

http://www.cartoscope.com.au/maps/shoal ... Region.pdf

Teabag
Captain Camping

Return to Camping Tips and Locations