Beachside Park - Northern NSW to Sunshine Coast

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Beachside Park - Northern NSW to Sunshine Coast

Postby amanda » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:16 am

We were planning a week camping at Cylinder Beach on Straddie in May, but we are now going off that idea mainly because there are no fireplaces and by May the evenings will be getting a bit cool and a fire would be just what we'll be wanting.

Does anyone have a suggestion of a beachside camp ground within about 2-3 hours of the Gold Coast that allows fires? Other "musts" are toilets and showers. (We're going to Flat Rock on the Anzac Weekend, so are looking for somewhere other than that also).

Any suggestions happily received!
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
User avatar
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble
 
Posts: 1376
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:14 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: Beachside Park - Northern NSW to Sunshine Coast

Postby cruiser » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:30 pm

I know it's a little further up the road but rainbow beach is a top spot,fire's, clean ammenities,and no beach permit required to drive on the beach,thing's to look at are
carlo's sand blow,the coloured sand's just to name a couple
hope this helped a bit.
User avatar
cruiser
Camping Veteran
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:51 pm
Location: jimboomba qld

Re: Beachside Park - Northern NSW to Sunshine Coast

Postby amanda » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:41 pm

Is it 4WD accessible only?
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
User avatar
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble
 
Posts: 1376
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:14 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: Beachside Park - Northern NSW to Sunshine Coast

Postby cruiser » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:32 pm

Amanda You can walk to the sand blow,and guessing it would only be a couple of klm walk to the coloured sand's,the sand blow is sign posted up thru the residential part of rainbow.it is a short drive to the walking track,(sealed road)
Last edited by cruiser on Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
cruiser
Camping Veteran
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:51 pm
Location: jimboomba qld

Re: Beachside Park - Northern NSW to Sunshine Coast

Postby amanda » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:43 pm

I can see several caravan parks/camp grounds in the area - do you know the name of the one you're referring to?
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
User avatar
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble
 
Posts: 1376
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:14 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: Beachside Park - Northern NSW to Sunshine Coast

Postby cruiser » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:49 pm

Sorry i couldnt remember the name of it,they have no web site
but did find this,hope it help's
http://www.cooloola.org.au/content_busi ... nessID=207
I can recomend it we have stayed there a few time's
the staff are very friendly and very helpful.
Ithink it is about time they got a web site up and running tho
just my 2 cents
User avatar
cruiser
Camping Veteran
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:51 pm
Location: jimboomba qld

Re: Beachside Park - Northern NSW to Sunshine Coast

Postby cruiser » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:52 pm

I was trying to find my cd with the pic's on it,remembred a mate still has it,so sorry no help with pic's, i'll post them up when i get it back of him if you are interested
User avatar
cruiser
Camping Veteran
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:51 pm
Location: jimboomba qld

Re: Beachside Park - Northern NSW to Sunshine Coast

Postby amanda » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:21 pm

That would be great - thanks. Sounds like a good spot.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
User avatar
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble
 
Posts: 1376
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:14 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: Beachside Park - Northern NSW to Sunshine Coast

Postby cruiser » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:51 pm

sorry amanda i'm still waiting :oops:
User avatar
cruiser
Camping Veteran
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:51 pm
Location: jimboomba qld

Re: Beachside Park - Northern NSW to Sunshine Coast

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:10 pm

cruiser wrote:Sorry i couldnt remember the name of it,they have no web site
but did find this,hope it help's
http://www.cooloola.org.au/content_busi ... nessID=207
I can recomend it we have stayed there a few time's
the staff are very friendly and very helpful.
Ithink it is about time they got a web site up and running tho
just my 2 cents


This one is not actually in Rainbow Beach but some distance out. It is quite a nice place.

Sandflies can be a problem there in the summer months.
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Re: Beachside Park - Northern NSW to Sunshine Coast

Postby amanda » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:15 pm

gypsylady wrote:Sandflies can be a problem there in the summer months.


We're going in the first week in May, so shouldn't be a problem - but I'd better take the Listerine just in case :)
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
User avatar
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble
 
Posts: 1376
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:14 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: Beachside Park - Northern NSW to Sunshine Coast

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:32 pm

amanda wrote:
gypsylady wrote:Sandflies can be a problem there in the summer months.


We're going in the first week in May, so shouldn't be a problem - but I'd better take the Listerine just in case :)


You should be ok at that time of year Amanda
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Re: Beachside Park - Northern NSW to Sunshine Coast

Postby cruiser » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:16 pm

gypsylady wrote:
cruiser wrote:Sorry i couldnt remember the name of it,they have no web site
but did find this,hope it help's
http://www.cooloola.org.au/content_busi ... nessID=207
I can recomend it we have stayed there a few time's
the staff are very friendly and very helpful.
Ithink it is about time they got a web site up and running tho
just my 2 cents


This one is not actually in Rainbow Beach but some distance out. It is quite a nice place.

Sandflies can be a problem there in the summer months.

it is in rainbow beach,but about 1.5klm out of the centre of rainbow beach
User avatar
cruiser
Camping Veteran
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:51 pm
Location: jimboomba qld

Re: Beachside Park - Northern NSW to Sunshine Coast

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:15 am

cruiser wrote:

it is in rainbow beach,but about 1.5klm out of the centre of rainbow beach


My mistake then, I do apologise. I have obviously confused it with the one a few klms out of town.
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Re: Beachside Park - Northern NSW to Sunshine Coast

Postby amanda » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:37 am

Thanks for the help guys, it looks like that is where we are heading. With the weather the way it is at the moment, I'll be happy with anything that allows fires!
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
User avatar
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble
 
Posts: 1376
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:14 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Next

Return to Camping Tips and Locations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron