Beachfront Caravan Park Noosa North Shore

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Beachfront Caravan Park Noosa North Shore

Postby ChallengeLee » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:22 pm

I was pleasantly surprised, l am not really a caravan park person, lived in too many when l was younger but this was a great place. Apart from the fact that there are no fires allowed and only gas cookers to be used l was very much impressed with my surroundings.

The areas are designated but are integrated into the environment well, little nooks and crannys where a van can park or a tent can be pitched without being buffeted too much by the wind coming off the beach. Lots of shrubs and trees to provide privacy, shelter and l sense of being out bush.

There were some areas where it was quite crowded but l think that was mainly the area where they had camper trailers.
The amenties were clean and well maintained with laundry facitlites as well.
The views were wonderful from the beach and the access onto the beach was easy, there was no need for a beach permit but from what l was hearing around the park, it won't be too far away before there could be some changes around that area.

We went from one end of the beach to up as far as red canyon, then returned for happy hour, the big trip up to Double Island point was set up for the next day but never eventuated, the rain came around 10pm on saturday night and rained pretty much through the night, there was enough of a break in the morning for me to pack my car up but not long enough to get the tent down, that was pulled down after about 2 and a half hours of torrential rain with a look to it of being set in. I never realised how fast l could get my tent down in a hurry...lol.

I plan on going back for a little longer stay, the prices are reasonable and is not too far away from civilisation but far enough away not to have mobile range...lol.

http://www.noosa.qld.gov.au/AboutNoosa/ ... Park.shtml

ChallengeLee
Camping Veteran

Re: Beachfront Caravan Park Noosa North Shore

Postby cruiser » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:54 pm

great report lee,really like the look of this place :+ :+
cruiser
Camping Veteran

Re: Beachfront Caravan Park Noosa North Shore

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:03 pm

Think this is the same place that used to be called Noosa North Shore Wilderness Camp. It was great in its time but the people who managed it were real shockers.

We did manage to holiday there twice a year for about 7 years but they finally got the better of us and we have not been back for many years.

It was actually closed for a period of time and I heard some time back that is was now under new management. Obviously they are a big improvement on the previous managers.

It used to be owned by the council but am not sure if that is still the case. It also used to be pet friendly but is not so any more.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Camping Tips and Locations