Woodford Photos - finally

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Woodford Photos - finally

Postby Frilly » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:53 pm

Hey All!! I have finally had time to figure out the whole posting photos thing... so here are photos of camping at Woodford 07/08... enjoy!!

That last image is 'Tent City' where they hire out already assembled tents. Good idea for non campers but I love my own set up...
The story of my life is about back entrances, side doors, secret elevators and other ways of getting in and out of places so that people won't bother me.
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Re: Woodford Photos - finally

Postby will_deness » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:09 am

Awesome photo's!! I noticed you have a coleman tent.I have to say if I bought a tent nowadays it would be one of them.The boys use a traveller3 and I am so pleased with it
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Frilly » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:18 am

Thanks Will_deness!!

Yeah I am sooooo very impressed with the Coleman (the one pictured is an Overlander 6CV) that I bought a Traveller too... haven't used it yet though cause I can assemble the 6 by myself and find the vestibule ohh so handy, as I don't have a tarp. The weather was particularly horrible at Woodford and the tent remained bone dry and upright even in the howling winds!!!
The story of my life is about back entrances, side doors, secret elevators and other ways of getting in and out of places so that people won't bother me.
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:53 am

Your table and stools Frilly are the same as I have and I must admit after all those frail 4 seater folding things that one is a real treasure.

Have even been able to stand on the table to zip the annex on and it has stood the test every time.

I have had mine a few years now and they were very expensive when they first came out. I got mine for a real bargain at the time, think I only paid $95 because it was the last one they had and there was a scratch on the table.

Congratulations of the successful download of pix too.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Frilly » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:55 am

Thanks Gypsy!!

Yeah I am happy I finally sorted out the photos, as they say a photo says a thousand words!! All of those from Woodford where taken on my mobile but I have just been given a pro Canon camera so hopefully the quality will improve.

The table/bench sets are just the best!! As you say Gypsy they are sturdy as and cause of this you can use them for more than sitting ya bum on!!! I got them around the same price about 10 months ago from BCF (from memory... now I think, yes the young man carried them to my car for me!! That's right!) As it's usually only me camping I find it more than roomy, the only thing I want to get for it is anti slip matting for when I'm camped on a bit of a slope. Anyone any ideas where you can get this stuff by the metre?? I haven't tried anywhere yet... and ummm being the girl that I am I would like it in the dark bottle green, try to keep it matching!!!! hehehehehe

Thanks Gypsy!!
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby imanoone2u » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:43 am

I've stuck some Velcro tabs ar 30 cm intervals along the edge of my floor and a piece of canvas (thin washable sky blue which was a bad color choice...) sticks to it quite nicely. works well for me, da lady and me border collie.
imanoone2u
Boy Scout

Postby Frilly » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:45 am

thanks for that tip! Is that for the floor or table?? I was talking about my table as the bowls, plates and stuff all slid off when on a slight slope...
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:59 am

Frilly wrote:the only thing I want to get for it is anti slip matting
Thanks Gypsy!!

I actually use a tablecloth Frilly but any of that non slip matting you can buy by the roll from the cheapie stores for $2 a roll.

I have seen it in Crazy Clarks, The Warehouse, Waynes World etc.

You can get it in a variety of colours, I went for black and that was a difficlut colour to locate.

Also a plastic tablecloth, the flocked backed ones will also do the trick Frilly.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby imanoone2u » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:41 am

Yup. I use 'anti slip' matting (usually sold to put under hall runners) it's a rubbery woven material easy to wash .
I cut astrip about 1 mtr long as a centre piece on the table, and 4 placemats. works a treat
imanoone2u
Boy Scout

Postby Frilly » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:57 am

Cool that sounds great!! I'm off this afternoon to grab some...
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Return to Camping Tips and Locations