Camping at Majors Creek, Nagambie Vic

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Camping at Majors Creek, Nagambie Vic

Postby Chris and Phil » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:35 am

:hello: Just wondering if anyone has been camping at "Majors Creek" neart Nagambie in Victoria? if so we were wondering what it was like! we have a caravan and are looking to go some where out of the way near water not too far from Melbourne. We don't to end up at the "locals" party spot.

Any other suggestions??

Thanks Chris and Phil
Chris and Phil
Boy Scout

Re: Camping at Majors Creek, Nagambie Vic

Postby mac15 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:22 pm

We had a look at it one day - looks like a nice spot but at the time we visited (probably about 12 months or more ago), there were recent dirt bike tracks through there. We thought this would put a bit of a dampener so haven't ventured back for a visit. But, there was heaps of space, fires allowed and pit toilets tho the ground didn't seem real level.

We've also recently discovered Rubicon State Forest, or if you want a couple of caravan parks (not in big towns) on rivers, Blue Gums Caravan Park between Thornton & Eildon is a great place. Plenty of unpowered sites right on the riverbank (Goulburn River). This spot is great on a normal weekend away from public holidays etc - you just about have the run of the unpowered spots to yourself. They've got a good website - do a google on it and you will find it. Another caravan park is at Baringhup (16kms west of Maldon). Again, unpowered sites for tents are right on the river bank, but the caravan sites are just across the road from them. It's situated on the Loddon River and is called Loddon House Tourist Park (not as fancy as it sounds).

Food for thought for you anyway.....
When's my next holiday??
mac15
Camping King

Postby Chris and Phil » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:45 pm

Thanks very much for your info, they all sound like good suggestions!
Chris and Phil
Boy Scout

Postby michbau1 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:39 pm

Folks there is a good book available, from K-Mart called I think Fishing and camping on the Goulburn River, its agood read.

My boys and I have camped at many spots with no disturbances, we use a tent but will shortly progress to a wind up caravan.

Hope this hepls

Michael :cheers
michbau1

Postby Chris and Phil » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:11 pm

Thanks Michael,

Last weekend we stayed at the Nagambie lakes Caravan park, we drove out to Majors Creek to have a look! We thought it will be great for us next time.

I will look out for that book, thanks.

Chris
Chris and Phil
Boy Scout

Postby michbau1 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:09 pm

IMGP0946.JPG

Here we are on the goulburn
michbau1

Return to Camping Tips and Locations