First time in a long time...suggestions for SE Qld

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

First time in a long time...suggestions for SE Qld

Postby Timetocamp » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:06 pm

Hi Everyone,

After many years of purely hotel holidays, DH and I have decided to go and get amongst the outdoors again! We have done a lot of trekking and camping overseas before, but never "car camping" here at home. We have started our "comfy camping" kit, but so far only have a skeleton kit that does not include cooking gear...

Just wondered if anyone could recommend a place to head for a weekend where there are BBQs and/or cafe/corner store for food on site...want to dip our toe in the water before we go and get all the necessary cooking gear etc. Anywhere within a couple of hours of Brissie would be great. We have a RAV4 so can't go anywhere too rough ;)

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!

Tasha :grin:
Timetocamp

Re: First time in a long time...suggestions for SE Qld

Postby Frilly » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:59 pm

Hey Tasha!! Welcome to the best Australian camp forum around!

Seriously if you are looking for somewhere great to go I would have a peek a boo around this site and see what places people have already reviewed. There is also a group of Queenslanders that go away about 3 or 4 months a year together, so you might want to keep an eye out for that (next one is June, last one was last weekend and we had a cook off and everyone was sooo helpful with helping those that were 'no cooks' like me!). Glad to see you have turned to the good side of weekends away...
The story of my life is about back entrances, side doors, secret elevators and other ways of getting in and out of places so that people won't bother me.
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby Frilly » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:00 pm

OPPS 3 or 4 times NOT months!! hehehe
The story of my life is about back entrances, side doors, secret elevators and other ways of getting in and out of places so that people won't bother me.
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:11 pm

Timetocamp wrote:Hi Everyone,

After many years of purely hotel holidays, DH and I have decided to go and get amongst the outdoors again!

Just wondered if anyone could recommend a place to head for a weekend where there are BBQs and/or cafe/corner store for food on site... Anywhere within a couple of hours of Brissie would be great. We have a RAV4 so can't go anywhere too rough ;)

Tasha :grin:

Hi Tasha and WELCOME.

The first place that comes to mind is Goomburra Valley Campground which is within walking distance of the local shop. It is a great campground and every much as attractive as the website shows.

http://www.goomburravalleycampground.com.au/

Second place would be Borumba Deer Park which has a kiosk attached.

http://www.borumbadeerpark.com/

Third place is the Esk Caravan Park as it is right on the edge of town and will also accommodate all your needs.

http://www.valleyoflakes.com.au

These 3 places are within easy reach distance wise and easily accessible.

Cheers....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Timetocamp » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:26 pm

Thanks for your welcome and your suggestions! I shall have a good look at the suggested places now :grin:

Tasha
Timetocamp

Return to Camping Tips and Locations