Canada anyone?

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Canada anyone?

Postby garbage » Wed May 14, 2008 8:42 am

Just wondering if anyone's had a chance to do some camping in Canada?
garbage
Camping Veteran

Re: Canada anyone?

Postby Born2Camp » Sat May 31, 2008 6:29 pm

Hey there. well i am canadian been living in australia for close to 6 years.
I am from vancouver and have camped in the provinces bc and alberta.. is there something in piticular you are wanting to know?
Born2Camp
Boy Scout

Postby garbage » Sat May 31, 2008 7:13 pm

I'm wondering what the costs are like for camping in a place with showers/toilets and how busy it gets during the height of summer?
garbage
Camping Veteran

Postby Activity_Dept » Sat May 31, 2008 11:38 pm

I think the prices and crowds are pretty relative to hear. Long weekends during our peak summer periods (June – Aug) are busy at the good parks, anything around lakes or water are generally full so you have to pre-book. I've been over here for a while but camped on Vancouver Island last Aug. really a great crowd, busy but a lot of fun and I think it was $12.00 per person (good park on a lake) firewood supplied. Lots of sites where you can book or get info, discovercamping.ca is one in BC. Hope that helps.
Gooday Born2camp, I’m a Vancouver Island boy but been here better part of 20 years, so I’m probably a little more Aussie now.
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Return to Camping Tips and Locations