New Camping Ground in the Tweed Valley

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

New Camping Ground in the Tweed Valley

Postby GregS » Fri May 23, 2008 10:21 am

Hello

We wanted to let everyone on this network know that there is now a new campground open. All in-all the property is 3000 acres and less than two hours south of Brisbane and within an hour of Byron Bay. At the end of this note I will place links so you can find further details.

In summary we have a base-camp with toilets, showers, large undercover shed and 3 small basic accommodation rooms for those who prefer not to sleep on the ground. There are 7 satellite campsites with shed, toilet and water accessible by walking, mountain bike or 4WD. Guests are invited to make use of our catering service. To make it work we are asking that minimum group size is 10 people.

We also offer abseiling, canoeing, guided bushwalking, high ropes, mountain biking and associated activities. A great place for a holiday or weekend away.

http://www.takeabreak.com.au/Uki/FarNor ... arning.htm
http://www.interactionel.com.au/program ... up-camping

Hope this is of interest.

Regards

Greg Smith
GregS
Boy Scout

Re: New Camping Ground in the Tweed Valley

Postby amanda » Fri May 23, 2008 10:47 am

Could be a good spot for a Camping.com weekend away.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Fri May 23, 2008 12:15 pm

Sounds great Greg. Being the resident pet owner and camper I ask, 'is it pet friendly??'
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GregS » Fri May 23, 2008 4:29 pm

Good question Gypsylady.

I was working in the campground last week by myself. In the space of an hour I saw platypus in the river, a family of wallabies at the entrance to the shed and an echidna.

If pets come with you they need to be wildlife friendly or leashed. Normal protocols for their droppings and respecting the noise levels for others.

Regards

Greg
GregS
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Fri May 23, 2008 4:44 pm

GregS wrote:Good question Gypsylady.

I was working in the campground last week by myself. In the space of an hour I saw platypus in the river, a family of wallabies at the entrance to the shed and an echidna.

If pets come with you they need to be wildlife friendly or leashed. Normal protocols for their droppings and respecting the noise levels for others.

Regards

Greg

Thanks a heap Greg, she is absolutely wildlife friendly as she camps with me all the time and has done since she was 10 weeks old.

Re the 'barker egg patrol', that goes without saying and she is not in the least noisy, thanks.

Cheers Gypsy...
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby mrsbanksy » Fri May 23, 2008 9:56 pm

Hi Greg,

Looked at your site the place looks gorgeous and so big you could be somewhere without 3million people on top of you which is so rare. But as far as I can see you only take groups is this correct because my husband and I are looking somewhere to spend queens birthday weekend thats not packed, as were we go we seem to have people noisy and keep you up all night. So does it have to large groups and if not can you have a campfire. Thanks Liz
Is it the long weekend yet?
mrsbanksy
Boy Scout

Postby GregS » Sat May 24, 2008 8:23 am

Hi Liz

You and hubby would be most welcome on June LWE as we already have about 20 people staying. They are horse riders so will have horses with them, fenced into a corner of the campground.

You could find a quiet spot in the campground or if you have a 4wd you could camp at one of the campsites on the back of the property.

On Sat night we a $25/head fundraiser (Christmas in June) for the local fire brigade so you would be welcome to attend. Join our table!

Can't promise silence but I can promise it will be quieter than many caravan parks.

Give us a call to find out more. 0266797395 in office hours or 0429872386

Cheers

Greg
GregS
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Sat May 24, 2008 2:43 pm

Thanks Greg, I am definitely going to add it to my list of pet friendly camping venues.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Camping Tips and Locations