Canoe trip?

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Canoe trip?

Postby Born2Camp » Sat May 31, 2008 6:08 pm

Hey there guys.
:hello:
Back for some advice.
Looking for a spot that me and my girlfriend can just go for one night and possibly rent a canoe? just thought i am needing to get outdoors and do something....
I live north side. caboolture and as it is just for the night perfer not too far... max 2 and a half hours? thought about the dam sommerset? not sure if they have canoes
we would even sleep in a cabin if we had too... any ideas? maybe even noosa... just want to get amongst it but as this is not really what we normally do when we camp,
am hitting a brick wall so any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks heaps!
Born2Camp
Boy Scout

Re: Canoe trip?

Postby GypsyLady » Sat May 31, 2008 7:21 pm

Island Reach at Imbil hires out canoes. Not sure about Boreen Point or Elanda, maybe there might be canoe hire at either one of both of them though I am not sure if any of them have cabins.

Island Reach does not have cabins but there is a motel across the road. Sorry I cannot be of any more help.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Activity_Dept » Sat May 31, 2008 11:48 pm

This one is up towards Noosa http://www.elanda.com.au/walk.htm.

I think there are some tours on the Brisy river also http://www.brisbanecitylife.com.au/bcl/ ... ekayak.htm.

Hope that helps.
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby amanda » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:57 am

Boreen Point has canoes available for hire at the camp ground, and there is also a boat hire shop just near the general store.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GregS » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:59 am

Hi born2camp

A couple of canoe options for you.

I have 12 canadian canoes!
You could consider a half day on Clarrie Hall hall Dam. Murwillumbah's water supply. Less than 2 hours from Bris. OR Look up Clarence River Wilderness Lodge. They hire canoes and conduct white water trips.

If you want to know more make contact via http://www.interactionel.com.au.

Cheers

GregS
GregS
Boy Scout

Postby mrsbanksy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:30 pm

Hi Born to camp,
Elanda point has canoe hire ran by the canoe company and you can canoe up to harrys hut, but although nice spot they do not allow camp fires anymore, as the place is ran by a school teacher so his strict and there was a domestic one night round a campfire so he banned them. If Borreen Point has them and fire's I'd go there nice spot too I believe their not far from each other. Just ones private and I believe the Boreen one is Council ran. Liz
Is it the long weekend yet?
mrsbanksy
Boy Scout

Postby Smileandhug » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:54 pm

Hi,
Borreen Point be the place to go to if ya wanna canoe. Enjoy it when ya do it :)
I AM LIKE A HOLE IN THE GROUND WITH WATER IN IT - I AM WELL
Smileandhug
Camping Veteran

Return to Camping Tips and Locations