Free Sites

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Free Sites

Postby cannylass » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:10 pm

b]Hello we are a retired couple, we have bought a second hand caravan got the Genarator, in the process of buying a freezer. And with dog in tow. Now we need a list of free sites heading north to start our adventure We don't have 4wd. just a Ford futura any help would be greatfully received Thank you Ess[/b]
cannylass

Postby barney » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:53 pm

In Sunny Queensland the main roads dept supply rest stops quite regulary where you can stay overnight one that i know is near the Caloundra turnoff on Landsborough road just near the Rustic cabin.There is also one just before Gympie on the Bruce highway.Main roads now Transport dept used to put out a book with them listed not sure if they still do now or not.
Cheers
Hope this helps
barney

Thank you

Postby cannylass » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:58 am

I thank you very much Barney I might google that to see if they still do :)
cannylass

Postby Cheiffy » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:51 am

Hi Cannylass,

If you want to give me some details on your trip i.e. distance per day, from and to, I will look in my Camps 3 book and try and steer you in a suitable direction.
It has a whole lot of sites, rest stops and other useful information. Just give us a yell if you want.

Cheers

8) Cheiffy
Please sir, Can I have some more? Time off that is.

"Hard at it"
Fruit Bat Falls, Cape York
Cheiffy
Captain Camping

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:26 pm

As already mentioned, more detail as to where exactly your going through and would like to stop would be good. Nat parks wont like your dog, and they not very often free anyway, but State Forests are usually pretty nice, and free, and dogs are usually allowed (in my experience).
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby cannylass » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:26 pm

Well we hope to travel about 350/400k's aday our first destination will be Townsville, its very interesting to know about the state forrests is there a web site that I can log on to to find these sites...
I was very dishearten to read some comment on how people are leaving these free camp sites in such a disgraceful state...One should only leave footprints not rubbish
cannylass

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:41 pm

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&c ... ts&spell=1

google is your friend :wink: , has links to most states forestry deps, rules might change state to state, i dunno, have only ever been in NSW ones.

http://www.forest.nsw.gov.au - NSW SF's
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby carlyloo » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:19 pm

there are plenty of free parking for overnighters,just keep a look out early
so you get the best spots (shady),you will meet plenty of nomads on the road, they are all helpful. good luck,have a great time. :D
carlyloo

Free Spots

Postby Activity_Dept » Sat May 27, 2006 11:35 pm

I guess the further out you get the easier it is to find free spots.
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Return to Camping Tips and Locations