camping with boat

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

camping with boat

Postby micko » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:08 am

hi all, looking for a spot to camp and take our 12foot tinny with us, about 2 hours from brisbane, either a lake or river, looking for campgrounds not caravan park, good fishing would be a bonus but dont mine just doing a bit of exploring in the boat as well, thanks for any help you can give us
micko
Boy Scout

Re: camping with boat

Postby mrsbanksy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:40 pm

Hi Miko,

I just recently went with a friend off Jacobs Well, it was good fishing I caught 7 fish, my hubby caught a crab on his line but just as he got it up it dropped off bugger!. Anyway you can go around corner to south straddie or just a bit further up you can camp for free on any of the islands. Just anchor the boat and away you go on the sand. The camping grounds on South Straddie is ran by the local council and have heard nothing but complaints about the ranger and it was about $22 per night for two. Hope this helps.

Liz
Is it the long weekend yet?
mrsbanksy
Boy Scout

Postby mrsbanksy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:42 pm

Sorry Micko,

Left the c out of your name sorry hehe. Oh and if you camp on islands for free you have to be self suffucient.
liz
Is it the long weekend yet?
mrsbanksy
Boy Scout

Postby Barby-Q » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:28 am

You could give Noosa River a go near Harry's hut or any of the dams . I've seen camping on Wavebreak Island .
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Return to Camping Tips and Locations