Canoe's on Powlett River, Victoria

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Canoe's on Powlett River, Victoria

Postby The Trout Hunter » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:48 pm

:hello:

G'day everyone, First post here so take it easy :grin:

Just wondering if anyone has cruised along Powlett River in a canoe or tinny? I'm thinking of heading down there soon to paddle inland from the bridge, fishing along the way. I have fished there before but never walked too far inland, always looked like it would be a good trip in a canoe. Now that I have finally found one, a 2 seated fibreglass canoe, big enough for 2 adults 2 kids... Why not.. Only a day trip for now with a mate..

Any help would be good on either the river or on what to pack with me.. I'm sure I have everything ready but there might be that one thing I forget that is useful..

Also any other lakes, rivers worth launching the canoe? I have wanted to try Blue Rock Lake and do a weekend camp. Taking only what we can fit in the Canoe..

Thanks in advance

Brad
The Trout Hunter

Re: Canoe's on Powlett River, Victoria

Postby amanda » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:22 pm

I'm in Queensland and don't the know the area you're referring to - but it sounds like alot of fun - have a great time!
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Komodo » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:35 pm

Doesnt the Powlett river narrow right down when it gets out the back of inverloch?
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby The Trout Hunter » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:05 am

Yes, It does get quite shallow, but we are only going to paddle up as far as we can then make our way back down fishing the banks and taking in the sights..

Hopefully it will be this weekend..

Brad
The Trout Hunter

Postby HGMonaro » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:04 pm

I have a mate that used to go "tinny camping" at Eildon. They'd load up the tinny and motor along until they found somewhere to camp, do some fishing but mostly drinking. Always sounded interesting to me!

In the right location, a canoe trip (wouldn't be able to take the amount of beer these guys managed in the tinny!) sounds like fun!
HGMonaro
Blatant Padder

Return to Camping Tips and Locations