Stanage Bay Camping

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Stanage Bay Camping

Postby wragee » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:51 pm

Stanage Bay is aprox 80klm north Rockhampton and then 96 klm of Dirt Bumpy corigation and pot holes but the end is worth it. Boat ramp,camping free, drop toilets and NO WATER so take your own and tighten all those nuts and Bolts twice becuase they will be loose again by the time you make it to the end. We will be heading there in September school holidays. :twisted: Bad enough I broke my boat trailer on the way in.
wragee
Captain Camping

Re: Stanage Bay Camping

Postby Ricklanga » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:27 pm

Sounds pretty good. Bit far for me for a weekend but a longer trip would be cool. I found some pics on Google Earth and It looks like paradise. Just wondering, do you have any pics of your camp? Also, with the road being so rough, am I right to assume it wouldn't be to crowded?
It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent.
Ricklanga
Post Machine!

Postby wragee » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:53 pm

Hi,
Yes I do have pics but cannt get them to load. We were up there June school holidays and not too bad going back upin september holidays to try and fix boat trailer and maybe bring home.
Ca't get enough camping.
wragee
Captain Camping

Postby oldtrack123 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:44 pm

Hi
YES it can get crowded,& its LONG WAY OUT IF YOU CAN'T FIND ANYWHERE TO CAMP :( :(
and definately no water.
It use to be quite & a little unknown ,but not now.
I've seen quite a few boats towed in that didn't make the water when they arrived.
oldtrack123
Camping King

Return to Camping Tips and Locations