ANY "FREE" CAMPING/RESERVES AROUND CRESCENT HEAD?

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

ANY "FREE" CAMPING/RESERVES AROUND CRESCENT HEAD?

Postby bellajay » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:32 am

Thanks to everyone who has helped us plan our hol!
We are looking at Crescent Head on our way up the coast, but the only park doesn't allow dogs. Is there any location near the beach that we could camp with our van? Hubby loves to surf and fish and we stopped there just for a cuppa on the way back from a quick trip to maclean and he was iching to get into the surf :grin:

k an j
bellajay
Boy Scout

Re: ANY "FREE" CAMPING/RESERVES AROUND CRESCENT HEAD?

Postby reelmick » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:43 pm

g'day bellajay , no free parks there but some realy nice places to stay south on the point plummer road that are basic but cheap ,its paradise but the road can be horrible at times pnt.plummer has the best facilitys if you want to travel the road. mick
reelmick

Postby bellajay » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:30 am

Thanks so much for your post - we are travelling mid - late Nov so it should be fairly quite I would think.
bellajay
Boy Scout

Postby wragee » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:58 pm

Hi All,
Really great to see the names of all these places but can you please put the states that these places are.
Getting really sloww looking for these names on google.So please can u all put the State on.
Thank you
Wragee
Ca't get enough camping.
wragee
Captain Camping

Postby Mrscoffscruza » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:33 pm

reelmick wrote:g'day bellajay , no free parks there but some realy nice places to stay south on the point plummer road that are basic but cheap ,its paradise but the road can be horrible at times pnt.plummer has the best facilitys if you want to travel the road. mick

Point Plummer road is very rough and corragated and your speed will be down to about 20 to 30 sometimes even at snail pace, but it is nice down there.
Mrscoffscruza
Camping King

Postby mandy1 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:47 pm

I am also looking for dog friendly places in this area - I have stayed at Point Plomber a number of times and absolutely love the place even if you can't surf - it makes you want too..... I only just called Delicate Nobby this morning as I found them in a book called "bush camping with dogs" and they told me they were a private park and do not accept dogs - the owner said the state park across the road from them may allow the pooches but can't find a number for that area.

I would love to hear about any dog friendly places on the coast that you have been too......
mandy1

Postby oldtrack123 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:31 pm

Hi Wragee
All in northern NSW nr KEMPSY
oldtrack123
Camping King

Return to Camping Tips and Locations