Tent site close to town

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Tent site close to town

Postby enter » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:47 pm

I am going to Australia for travelling and I like and enjoy to camp somewhere close to the town, because I do not have driving license, so it seems difficult to me to camp in rural place. Is it common that hostels provided tent site in Australia?
enter

Re: Tent site close to town

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:29 pm

Depends greatly on which 'town' you'll be staying in.

If its a major town like Sydney, then no. There's really any tent camping close to 'town'.

If its a proper outback town, then there will usually be at least one caravan park with tent sites pretty much inside the town. And again, whether or not there's something just a bit out of town, that suits your circumstances, depends on where exactly your planning to go.

If you let us know what towns or areas your planning on visiting I'm sure you'll get a better answer.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Redback » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:06 pm

There is at least one caravan park in almost every town in Australia including Sydney that has tent sites, in fact Sydney has a number of van parks close too town, Heathcote next to Heathcote train station and Nth Ryde on a major bus route into the city and surrounds, that only 2 of many.

So depends on where in Australia you plan on going.

Baz.
01 Discovery TD5 Locked & Lifted & Redback Country Camper Trailer
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Postby amanda » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:40 pm

In Sydney there is the Grand Pines at Sans Souci, not too far from the city.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Redback » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:45 am

Also Narrabeen Lakes caravan park, on the Northern Beaches, which would be my choice if camping.

Baz.
01 Discovery TD5 Locked & Lifted & Redback Country Camper Trailer
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Postby enter » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:38 pm

The Grand Pines Tourist Park replied me that they do not have tent site. Oh dear~~

I do not have a travel plan yet, so I do not know where I will go. Referring to Lonely Planet, most of holiday park are far from town, but when I travelled NZ, there are many hostels providing tent site and they are very close to town/city, so I do hope to find out where can I find those tent site in Australia.

Thanks for all replies, anyway.
enter

Return to Camping Tips and Locations