The Gorge Reserve

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Re: The Gorge Reserve

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:32 pm

I hear there is a flush toilet and hot water donkey Andy and that is fine by me, a bonus when I think of some of the places I have camped. Thanks for your comments.

Cheers....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Davo69 and the Nurse » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:34 pm

We went and checked the Gorge today... and we won't be camping there.
There was rubbish laying around, and some inconsiderate person had taken a crap just off the path, creating mass flies and fouling the air. YUCK
Reynolds Creek was running, but was extremely green...
We were extremely disappointed.... didn't even bother to take photos

the Nurse
Davo69 and the Nurse
Camping King

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:20 pm

Makes ya mad eh?
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Troyk » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:07 pm

Davo69 and the Nurse wrote:Reynolds Creek was running, but was extremely green...

You mean Boonah's water supply! :roll:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:08 pm

I have just returned from The Gorge Wilderness Park, went out friday evening and returned late this afternoon.

Are you sure you went to the same place the Nurse??

The place I camped at had no flies or mozzies which surprised me and as I took some 70+ photos I did walk all over the campground. I walked all over the campground from the front gate right to the end past past the secluded bush campsites and never saw any faeces, human or dog related.

I did see a dead animal off the side of the bush track which was a bit on the nose but that was it. There were quite a number of rubbish bins provided and they certainly were not over flowing or even filled to capacity.

In fact I found it to be a great bush retreat and have booked to return again in a few weeks.

I talked at length with the woman who runs the place and found that most people tend to take their own shower these days but there is still the donkey shower if one wishes to use it. There are 2 flush toilets (ladies) which were attended to every day.

The creek is running quite rapidly in some spots and quite clean and there were a number of children swimming, canoeing and fishing. In fact one youngster caught a couple of fish and a turtle which I am pleased to say he released back into the creek.

Overall I was quite pleased with the campground with one exception which I did mention to Val and that was I thought the grass was a bit long and stalky in some places.

Not one person that I spoke with in the campground was unhappy about anything there.

At $3 per person per night and a minimum fee of $6 per person for the weekend I personally think it is a great spot and will happily return.

I did take some pics and have attached some here.

Cheers......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:15 pm

You must of went to two different places,from GLs photos all looks in order and cheap.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Davo69 and the Nurse » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:29 pm

No Poodle Jewel... same place... Gorge Road Aratula....
Was there at 1pm today with husband and mother.....
Walked from front gate, right down to where the secluded camps end and meets the narrow track leading to the 2nd waterhole.
The last 3 camps sites were rubbish tips.... litter spread from the camps across the path and leading into the bush on the right handside.... and there was I like, and definately not a dead animal. Wish I had taken photos now, of what we saw....

the Nurse
Davo69 and the Nurse
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:29 am

Davo69 and the Nurse wrote:The last 3 camps sites were rubbish tips.... litter spread from the camps across the path and leading into the bush on the right handside.... and there was I like, and definately not a dead animal. Wish I had taken photos now, of what we saw....

the Nurse

I was down there at about 10:30ish on sunday and there was no rubbish about anywhere. All I can say Nurse is that the campers who would have left before you arrived must have left a terrible mess from what you describe and I can't imagine Val would have been very happy about it if she had known.

Whilst the place is still only a bush campground, Val is very particular in the way she keeps it. I am sorry you did not get to experience the same campground that I did.

Cheers...
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Previous

Return to Camping Tips and Locations