Camping with dogs on NSW coast

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Camping with dogs on NSW coast

Postby mandy1 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:56 pm

I am looking for dog friendly bush style camping on the NSW mid coast...... we like to be walking distance from the beach.....has anyone been to a place like this?

We are new to camping "with a dog" and have never really taken note of pet policies before now.........

Thanking anyone and everyone in advance if you are able to help me :lol:
mandy1

Re: Camping with dogs on NSW coast

Postby Redback » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:13 am

Stockton beach is still pet friendly as far as i know, i wouldn't swim there though and you'll require a NPWS Permit to camp or drive on the beach.

That and a caravan Park at Coffs right on the beach, the name escapes me though.

Baz
01 Discovery TD5 Locked & Lifted & Redback Country Camper Trailer
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:59 pm

Redback wrote:Stockton beach is still pet friendly as far as i know, i wouldn't swim there though and you'll require a NPWS Permit to camp or drive on the beach.

You sure? I thought that since NPWS took over it, they would have just said no dogs. Seems to be there policy in most parks.

Happy to stand corrected though. I'm still fuming about them closing so much of the beach and dune area off though :evil:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:29 pm

The park at Coffs right on the beach is called Moonee Beach caravan park .great spot, allows dogs.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Redback » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:07 am

Ozzycamperboy wrote:
Redback wrote:Stockton beach is still pet friendly as far as i know, i wouldn't swim there though and you'll require a NPWS Permit to camp or drive on the beach.

You sure? I thought that since NPWS took over it, they would have just said no dogs. Seems to be there policy in most parks.

Happy to stand corrected though. I'm still fuming about them closing so much of the beach and dune area off though :evil:

Yeah far as i'm aware you still can, but i will ask a friend who lives there and often camps in the dunes, he's not happy with the restrictions there now either.

Baz.
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Postby Redback » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:15 am

This is from Port Stevens info web site;

Permits can also be purchased in person at the NPWS Hunter Region office, or over the phone with a credit card by telephoning (02) 4984 8200. Please allow seven working days for your pass to be mailed out to you.

Caring for the Worimi Conservation Lands

Please help conserve our natural and cultural heritage:

All flora, fauna, Aboriginal sites and historic sites in the Worimi Conservation Lands are protected.
No vehicles are permitted on vegetation, Aboriginal middens or shell accumulations.
Wildfires can destroy lives and property so observe all the fire bans and guard against fire risk, especially during the bushfire danger period (September to March).
Dogs are permitted on lead while on the beach front.
No firearms or other weapons are permitted.
Take your rubbish with you.
Horseriding is permitted in the Worimi Conservation Lands.

Baz.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Postby Blackdiamond » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:36 pm

I have been searching for weeks for somewhere where we can take our dog camping. Its hard to believe that a county such as Australia that promotes the outdoor life, has very limited options for families with pets??

I have searched many websites & books with little success.

I would really appreciate any suggestions in NSW - relatively close to some sort of water ie Beach, Lake, River etc?

Thanks for your help.
Blackdiamond

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:26 pm

Check out the Camps 4 web www.campsaustraliawide.com
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:00 pm

Blackdiamond wrote:I have been searching for weeks for somewhere where we can take our dog camping. Its hard to believe that a county such as Australia that promotes the outdoor life, has very limited options for families with pets??

I would really appreciate any suggestions in NSW - relatively close to some sort of water ie Beach, Lake, River etc?

Thanks for your help.

Try this link for camping near the NSW lakes http://www.stateparks.nsw.gov.au/

I can recommend Copeton Waters which is pet friendly.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Camping Tips and Locations