Ozcamp parks map

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Ozcamp parks map

Postby BrettExpanda » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:26 pm

Hi Everyone
I am new here but thought I would share with you a new website I created http://ozcamps.net. This was in response to a problem on a MSN forum I frequent about how best to share free/independent camping locations. The reason I am posting here is that the more people become involved and share the better it will be for us all.

You can add/edit locations and it will display it on a Google map. Not only that but all the locations are printable for when you are out on the road.

Anyway have a look and let me know what you think.

Cheers
Brett Kinross

P.S. This site does not make any money so I am not trying to push anything on you but rather informing you of a tool I have created for the camping community.
BrettExpanda

Re: Website for Independent Camping Locations

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:08 pm

I like the idea in principle, sharing places and all that. But I had a really great spot that I used to visit every year on the same dates. I've been there 4 years in a row (maybe even 5, my memory is shady). The first 2 years there was hardly anyone about at that camp spot at that time.

I raved on about how good it was on this site a fair bit after the 2nd year, then the 3rd and 4th time that I went there it got considerably crowded :(

Quite possibly a coincidence, but still, if I find another spot similar, I don't think I'll be sharing it this time.

Places that are already fairly well known about or crowded, I got not problems sharing with people. :mrgreen:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Re: Camps 4 book for sale

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:49 am

Hi Brett and congratulations.

I am happy to share info on camping spots, campgrounds etc especially the 'pet friendly' ones and I personally think what you are doing is just great, thank you.

Cheers Gypsy
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Ricklanga » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:50 pm

Hi Brett, congratulations on an excellent sight. Will be sure to look at it in more detail when I have a little time. I did notice that some locations on the map are marked in blue and some in yellow. The blue seem to allow dogs and the yellow don't allow dogs. Is this correct?

--
Richard.
It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent.
Ricklanga
Post Machine!

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:22 pm

That was the way I read it Richard...
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: Ozcamp parks map

Postby BrettExpanda » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:59 am

Yes Richard, that is correct. The blue means dogs allowed and yellow no dogs. I've got to add a key to make it as clear as possible but haven't had time yet.
The next change I need to make is that people can flag sites that they have queries about the accuracy. After that I will probably put in a rating/comments section as well.
Cheers
Brett
BrettExpanda

Re: Ozcamp parks map

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:10 pm

Sounds like it could be a real winner Brett, thank you.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Camping Tips and Locations