levuka????

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

levuka????

Postby madcamper » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:17 pm

Hi all, We are thinking about taking our new CT to a place just over the QLD boarder called 'Levuka' (http://www.levuka.com.au ) As we are all new to this, I was just wondering if anyone out there has been there or heard of anyone going there, that could give us some advise and tips on the place.... Any help would be greatly appreciated..... thanks Jackie
madcamper
Camping King

Re: levuka????

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:12 pm

Have been to Levuka many times Jackie and you will find both Robert and Rosemary terrific people.

You have not mentioned if you have a 4WD and whilst not mandatory it is definitely a recommendation.

What sort of info are you looking for??

Cheers Gypsy
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby madcamper » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:12 pm

Hi Gypsy,
Thanks for your reply... Yes, we do have a 4wd, a new mazdaBT50 which hasnt done much 4WDing either. I was just wondering if you were allowed to camp anywhere or do you have to stay in the 'camping' area'.... Do they have drinking water available or do we need to take our own? We are in the brissy area (cleveland) and I was wondering how long the trip takes... We are heading off on friday so hopefully the weather will be nice....... I was reading somewhere (cant remember where now) about a get together at Canungra in Nov.. Do we have to book in or let someone Know we are coming?.. This is all new to us so please excuse all the questions.... Jackie
madcamper
Camping King

Postby Al&Sharon » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:54 pm

Hi Jackie Levuka is a brilliant camping grounds you will have a choice of a very large area you will go the homestead to book in Robert or Rosemary will give you a map of the camping and 4x4 areas they are really lovely hosts, it will take you about 2 to 3 hrs go beaudesert,rathdowney, woodenbong through woodenbong tarmac all the way untill you get to beary creek road then its gravel easy drive though down that road untill you see the fridge on the left, our kids cheer when they see the fridge and shout yes we are here. There are a couple of dams there which have fish in them Ive never seen any1 catch anything but I have had a try my boy hooked a turtle in the foot I supose that could be treated as a catch it was funny as we told him we where having turtle soup it was, [no way] so of course it was released. :*** . there is always lots of free firewood so you should have a lovely fire of a night it shouldnt be to busy either ,the 4x4 tracks are easy to difficult just go easy if you go through the bat colony road at the end of that track is a water crossing Ive seen a few get bogged there but Im sure you ll have great fun. there are hot showers there but they are the kind that has to have a fire under the tanks to heat up, if not a lot are there they dont light the fire so showers are cold water. Ive aways took my own drinking water but im almost sure the waters drinkable there is a little shop there but again if not many are there its closed so take all your food or you will have a 20min drive to woodenbong . As for the cunungra trip in november no need to book its an alls welcome meeting there will be camping .com.au banner.have a great trip, and drive safe on the tracks. look forward to hearing about your camp dont forget the camera.Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby madcamper » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:03 pm

Hi Alan, thanks for your reply, really helped alot. We so excited about our 1st adventure.... How many people normally go to this meets? I guess we just rock up and introduce ourselves... Are you and your family going?
madcamper
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:11 am

Hi Jackie

Alan has covered all in his reply. I am sure you will have a great camp, I have never hd a bad one yet at Levuka.

Cheers Gypsy
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Al&Sharon » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:17 pm

Hi jackie yes we will be going the canungra camp if you look under groups you will see the vidios that Troy made of the last camps they are canungra bribie and barumba deer farm that will give you an idea of what goes on and how friendly the group is >Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby madcamper » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:17 pm

Hi Alan, not sure why, but when I click on 'groups' nothing comes up. Maybe Im doing something wrong. All do to this, so not sure if you could help ??? Jackie
madcamper
Camping King

Postby Troyk » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:39 pm

Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Al&Sharon » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:42 pm

Tks Troy was just going to answer the question on groups.Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby double_d » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:36 pm

levuka was my first camping trip
went with mates family
they had 4 wd's and said to me that it is 2wd accesable ( which it is )
but i had a lowered v8 Iamaverylonelypersonwithnothingtodo which hit every rock on the driveway
it took me almost 15 minutes to get up their driveway
by the time i got there my mates family had already paid and done al the jazz
painfull
but had heaps of fun in their 4wd later on

daniel d
double_d
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:26 pm

I am really interested to hear what this special V8 is:-))))

but i had a lowered v8 Iamaverylonelypersonwithnothingtodo
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby madcamper » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:48 pm

Was wondering the same thing Gypsy!! LOL Maybe there is a hidden message in there for me!! Jackie
madcamper
Camping King

Postby Troyk » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:03 pm

Iamaverylonelypersonwithnothingtodo = C-a-l-a-i-s

A C-a-l-a-i-s as in the up market commodore :mrgreen:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:45 pm

If they have had lots of rain i would enquire about the state of Levkas road i would really think before taking my car there again...and of course if you like lots of fresh cow p.o.o... go for it.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Next

Return to Camping Tips and Locations