Free Camping

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Free Camping

Postby lynniepop » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:36 pm

In october we are camping along the murray with friends on the vic border (wodonga) .On our way back home we are driving through Wagga Wagga I was just wondering if there were any free camp sites (or cheap ones) .We will be travelling through Jindera , Walla Walla, Henty, Yerong Creek and the Rock .We have a off road camper trailer. thanks
lynniepop

Re: Free Camping

Postby Activity_Dept » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:16 pm

Hello lynniepop .

Welcome tp the forum. Hopefull there are a few Southerners on board that can help you with this one.

:hello:
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:12 am

While I don't know of any particular free camping spots in those places, I know you'll be able to find some near pretty much any town near the Murrumbidgee. A lot of it is State Forest. So most likely there won't be any facilities, but at least its some dirt to camp on.

Bit further near Narrandera/Leeton is where I camp regularily.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:49 am

Hi lynniepop and WELCOME to the forum. My recommendation is to purchase the Camps Aust 4 book as it gives many free and low cost camping areas Aust wide.

Buy it from your state auto club, like RACQ, RACV etc as it will be cheaper with the discount. if you are not a member then maybe one of your family or friends can buy it on your behalf.

They are considered the 'bible' for many a regular traveler, I have one and it is absolutely great.

Cheers Gypsy
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Redback » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:59 am

This is a map of Darlington Point, it's just before Narandra on the way too Wagga, on the map you'll see King St, if you follow that too the end there's a track that goes straight ahead at the end, follow that over the creek then as you go through the gate, take the track to the right and follow that keeping to the right until you see the river, too find a nice spot right on the River.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=-34.567972,145.996016&spn=0.006467,0.009613&z=17

This was where we camped on our way back from a trip we did out that way and it's free, it's called Bunyip Hole.

Baz.
01 Discovery TD5 Locked & Lifted & Redback Country Camper Trailer
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Postby lynniepop » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:56 pm

Thanks for the tips and thanks Baz that looks like a great spot.
lynniepop

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:10 pm

From the camps 4 .Gypsy right you need to get yourself one.
Yerong Creek Recreation Ground.700 mt E of town via Mangoplah Rd 24 hour stay only.
Oura Beach 19 km E of Wagga Wagga via Olympic Highway beside Murrumbidgee river .1 km dirt road .
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Camping Tips and Locations