Bushland Park - Bunya Mts

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Bushland Park - Bunya Mts

Postby Poodle Jewel » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:26 pm

OK ! 3rd time lucky.This is one off your list Gypsy it`s gotta be ok
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: Bushland Park - Bunya Mts

Postby amanda » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:39 am

Good luck PJ - sorry to have spoiled your idea of going to Stanthorpe, but I'd rather you know in advance than waste a well deserved break in an unpleasant place. I really hope you enjoy Bushland Park. Post us a trip report when you get back.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:03 am

Poodle Jewel wrote:OK ! 3rd time lucky.This is one off your list Gypsy it`s gotta be ok

It is nice PJ, (IMO) on the side of the mountain with semi terraced sites. I have only ever camped there once and never in the summer months. It is much more suited to tents or small caravans, not so much camper trailers.

They have a large open rustic communal area with the basics and hot showers with flush toilets. If you are lucky there may even be some of the famous bunya nuts about.

.....On another note......

Let me tell you something about my list PJ...it is a list of pet friendly venues only. I have not been to all of them so therefore don't presume that because they are on the list that it is my personal recommendation.

Some are of course but not all and if you are in doubt, please ask me.

Cheers....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:37 pm

WEb site looks nice but we all know how pretty photos can fool us. I`ll probably change my mind half a dozen times before November,already thinking beach not bush for that time of year,checked out a few at Kngscliff/Cabarita/Pottsville but it looks pretty commercial.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:11 am

Not sure which website you are referring to PJ??

One that I can recommend PJ is Goomburra Valley Campground http://www.goomburravalleycampground.com.au/

What you see on the web is pretty much what you get with the exception of the water in the creek unless they have had recent rain and a lot of.

Great amenities, lots of shade, reasonable per person fees, pet friendly and a shop within walking distance.

Another one that I can also recommend is Barambah Bush Caravan Park although is is more like a campground really. Again good shade and great amenities block and reasonably priced. Only thing is I am not sure if it is too far away for you.

Barambah Bush Caravan Park
Barambah Road
Phone 07 4168-1085
Web: http://www.barambahbush.com.au/

Cheers....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:42 am

Looked at Barambah, was a bit concerned about the amount of wild life that seems to come around the camp ground,although my dogs are on lead nothing like a Koala or possum to get them excited. Any way sent an email to Goombaurra, it mentioned everything else but water.i presume they have it on tap. I don`t mind a bit of a drive when i have a few days up my sleeves,i`m guessing it will be less than 3 hours,i`ll go through Nerang,Boona, Warwick.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:50 am

Yes thay have rain water PJ, hot and cold showers, flush toilets...like I said very good amenities.

Make sure you have tick control on the kids and unless they have relaxed at bit you will also need proof of current vaccination.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby ben... » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:00 am

ticks are very bad around that area, so prevention is a very good idea. the tick season at the moment is pretty big, so if you are planning on camping soonish, i would be using prevention before and 2-3 week after you get home.
ben...
Post Machine!

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:23 pm

Got an email from Goomburra,they now charge for dogs plus a $30 bond and are considering banning dogs all together,they were quite ardamant, your dog makes one wrong move and you are out.They are not allowed out of camp ground which will make it a bit hard for me to go to the loo or use camp kitchen etc.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:33 am

Poodle Jewel wrote:Got an email from Goomburra,they now charge for dogs plus a $30 bond and are considering banning dogs all together,they were quite ardamant, your dog makes one wrong move and you are out.They are not allowed out of camp ground which will make it a bit hard for me to go to the loo or use camp kitchen etc.

How much is the fee PJ??

There was no camp kitchen as I recall PJ, there is a wash up sink and 2 separate BBQ areas but that is all I recall. Mind you it is 12 months since I was last there so maybe they have added one since then.

I personally don't have a problem with dogs not being allowed in camp kitchens or loos. I never take mine to either of those areas.

They were pretty viligant about dogs either being on a lead or confined and again I did not have an issue with that. Whilst I don't tie mine up I do run a small containment fence around the camp.

They will lose a lot of business if they ban dogs altogether, the CMCA have a number of gatherings there as does a number of caravan clubs. In fact I wonder how much they might have lost already with those restrictions??

Sorry PJ, I might have to rethink my recommendation.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:39 am

No Gypsy i don`t take mine in with me i tether them outside,but they are stating they are not allowed near that area.Fee $5 per dog.They said they have had so much trouble with dogs and people not doing the right thing.
We`ll be in trouble again :? Bunya Mt topic has become Goomburra topic??
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:52 am

Poodle Jewel wrote:No Gypsy i don`t take mine in with me i tether them outside,but they are stating they are not allowed near that area.Fee $5 per dog.They said they have had so much trouble with dogs and people not doing the right thing.
We`ll be in trouble again :? Bunya Mt topic has become Goomburra topic??

I thought the very same thing this morning PJ. But let me say before we finish it....$5 per dog per night is not in my budget and fees for dogs is one of the very reasons I don't like Neurem Creek or Borumba Deer Park.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Camping Tips and Locations